Sign in to follow this  
OLD NICK

That Does It. I Have Had Enough.!

Sounds like a very sensible lady.------Good for her. :):):)

That will be us soon. I retired in July, wife finishes end of Sept. :lol: Going to do a bit of UK caravan touring in October. :rolleyes:

We are going to Malta for 3 weeks in November,Then Australia/New Zealand Jan until end of March. :)

After that we will be using the caravan a lot ACSI card in hand! La Belle France encore!

We have worked all our lives saved hard and have reasonable pensions so off we jolly well go!

Decided not to wait until age 65, although we are not far off that age!

Since retiring I have enjoyed this unexpectedly good weather at home, lots of gardening done! :rolleyes:

Winter in Spain with the van sounds good in the future too! :P

• Like 1

Hi Davs, good for you, enjoy your retirement. Its the last job you will ever have. I,m an expert at it nowadays.

When I feel like doing something energetic I go and have a lie down until the feeling goes away.

I see you have this year mapped out. Though how the hell do you get the van to Malta?.

Ilove to hear of you youngsters in your 60s biting the bullet & escaping the ratrace.

Travel safely & look on each day as being your last because one day. it will be. :D;):P

It took a while to get used to a relaxed pace . Now I think I'll do this tomorrow, actually its a nice day so maybe I won't! :rolleyes:

A big tin bird is taking us to Malta! :D

I was there as a kid, as dad was in the Royal Marines. We spent a day there on a med cruise, so nice to go back.

We got a really good deal on a late booking!

Benefits of retiring! :rolleyes:

After 24 years in the RAF and 18 years as a lecturer I have had enough!. :lol:

My wife has 28 years in nursing so again she has earned her retirement! We both have good health so off we go :D

Well after spending the last few weeks doing nothing "I now have an ology in relaxation" I feel 100% better & ready

to face whatever the world can throw at me.

There is a lot to be said for this lifestyle,Unfortunately the last 2 weeks have been mega hot 43c on the beach at 1-00pm

one day & 36c at 9-00pm so I have had to sit in the shade with a cold beer or 2.

However its cooling off a bit now we only had 34c yesterday plummeting to 27c in the evening.

If it gets any cooler the vest will have to come out. After being away for over 12 months I am amazed at the prices

in the restaurants. everything seems so inexpensive.

We had a lovely meal last night sat on a terrace overlooking the med 2 courses + drinks first & a couple of glasses of wine

came to the magnificent total of 30 euros = about £24 & this was a nice restaurant not a café.

No wonder I,m relaxed. :D:D;)

That all sounds good. I'm coming to have some of it in just 6 short weeks.

Good for you JD there,s still plenty of room & loads of booze left. :D:D :D

How it all changes!!! After weeks of hot weather & bone dry. We have had 3 days of rain,& the temperature

has plummeted to 28c. With the forecast telling me that there is more rain to come.

At least the rain is warm.

So all you people who think that we sit in the sun all day (wrong) we have had to sit in bars & restaurants

all day with friends just eating tapas & drinking beer,while the rain pours down outside.

Even the med looks a bit wild. However we will gamely soldier on,stiff upper lip & all that.

The things we put up with for queen & country. The dutch are here in numbers this year & by hell how they love

to party. We started yesterday with 6 of us from assorted parts of the UK,finished up with 18 in the party

from assorted parts of Europe. We now know all the words to Abba & Bony M.

So although the sun has gone for the time being we are still putting a brave face on it.

Please don,t feel too sorry for us,we have learned over the years to take the rough with the smooth. ;)

( I was getting home fine last night until some idiot stood on my fingers ) :D:D

It's a hard life Nick. Just two months and we will be heading south. Can't wait.

How it all changes!!! After weeks of hot weather & bone dry. We have had 3 days of rain,& the temperature

has plummeted to 28c. With the forecast telling me that there is more rain to come.

At least the rain is warm.

So all you people who think that we sit in the sun all day (wrong) we have had to sit in bars & restaurants

all day with friends just eating tapas & drinking beer,while the rain pours down outside.

Even the med looks a bit wild. However we will gamely soldier on,stiff upper lip & all that.

The things we put up with for queen & country. The dutch are here in numbers this year & by hell how they love

to party. We started yesterday with 6 of us from assorted parts of the UK,finished up with 18 in the party

from assorted parts of Europe. We now know all the words to Abba & Bony M.

So although the sun has gone for the time being we are still putting a brave face on it.

Please don,t feel too sorry for us,we have learned over the years to take the rough with the smooth. ;)

( I was getting home fine last night until some idiot stood on my fingers ) :D:D

old nick I like your style those that don't do what us caravanners do don't know what they are missing but don't take any notice of me its rubbish just like old nick said ?

You would,nt believe it. After suffering a week of rain & gales in spain,I flew to the UK to attend to some appointments

only to see the forecast of rain & gales for the whole week.

Roll on sunday when I can fly back to 30c again. Thank god I don,t have to stay for the winter.

One of the benefits of being an oap.

Come on you pensioners head for the sun there,s more to life than watching the rain coming down & watching TV. ;):D

• Like 2

Arrived back to find everyone very tanned & extremely relaxed but one thing I have noticed is the number of

English registered cars here this year. I have never seen so many in the last 13 yrs I have been wintering here.

We always get plenty of snowbirds every winter but this year there appear to be far more than normal.

However keep coming all are welcome the local traders look on it as a bonus after the frenetic holiday period,

they would normally be very quiet during October but the bars/restaurants are still busy.

The ones that have closed will be kicking themselves.

25c today in the shade 35c in the sun on our terrace. I know it,s tough but someone has to do it. :D:D;)

It's probably because the exchange rate is good for us Brits - at 1. 28 today it makes Spain more of a bargain.

That's so true Val,I,m actually going home some nights with change in my pocket, :D:D :D

Old Nick. .. We'll be there soon for the winter, where do you recommend for a decent ' menu del dia', etc I'm sure you're well known in all the establishments in the area ;)

Nick. Will you please stop telling everyone how good Spain is in the winter. Those who already know don't need to be told. Those who don't already know may want to try it and it will get overcrowded and the prices will go up.

Old Nick. .. We'll be there soon for the winter, where do you recommend for a decent ' menu del dia', etc I'm sure you're well known in all the establishments in the area ;) Moulin,I would never recommend a restaurant,as they seem to change ownership every year.

Whats good one year is rubbish the next. :):)

Old Nick. .. We'll be there soon for the winter, where do you recommend for a decent ' menu del dia', etc I'm sure you're well known in all the establishments in the area ;)

Nick. Will you please stop telling everyone how good Spain is in the winter. Those who already know don't need to be told. Those who don't already know may want to try it and it will get overcrowded and the prices will go up.

Ok Ern got the message.

It,s not all sunshine & beautiful beaches,on Saturday we had over 2 hrs of rain.( climate change you know )

However I can,t see anymore forecast for the next 10 days. The temperatures have plunged to 23c though. Brrrrr. ;) .

• Like 1

Oh that's rough Nick. We're enjoying boiling hot British weather today too. Almost 12C!

Just been dragged out Christmas shopping "kicking & screaming" the boss always does all the shopping.

She loves it,To me it,s worse than torture.

However I came home with 12 bottles of Cava,& 54 half litre cans of Bitburger Lager for 40 euros

= about £32 has to be a bargain.

Who,s a happy boy then ?? And I get brownie points for driving her there. Win/Win situation :D:);) .

• Like 2

Sounds like a good Christmas Nick. You've earned it.

Just two more days preparation and we are off, on our way to Pinar San Jose.

• Like 1

Sounds like a good Christmas Nick. You've earned it.

Just two more days preparation and we are off, on our way to Pinar San Jose.

Thanks John, Enjoy your trip & now you can relax for the winter. Safe journey. :D:D

Pleased to see you concentrate on the essentials Nick. Would hate to think you got caught up with all that food stuff!

• Like 1