Perle Painting And Taps!

Kragus27

hello all, I have just spent the last 3 weeks on and off sanding the inside of my 2 berth perle, does anybody know what paint to use and weather I need to sand the wallboards for the paint to stick?

also does anybody know where to get a similar folding tap like the one in the att

thanks

Craig

post-68182-0-06066300-1406808436_thumb.jpg

Try here for taps, perhaps Comet?

I would wipe it over with dilute Flash or similar allow to dry,

then use an eggshell finish (water based?) any sort of gloss

may give annoying highlights.

thank you will the water not get absorbed into the wood as I sanded all the top coat of plastic varnish off!

thank you will the water not get absorbed into the wood as I sanded all the top coat of plastic varnish off!

Ah! the sting in the tail, just wipe it over with a well wrung out damp cloth to remove any residual dust.

Suggest using an off-white vinyl-silk paint for the walls, or if you're good at wallpapering, a vinyl paper.

The cold water faucet may be available from CaravanParts. co. uk or from a caravan breakers' yard.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Well our plan is to wallpaper just the front panel and paint the rest, do you think cuprinnol paint will work on all the wood bits?

Well our plan is to wallpaper just the front panel and paint the rest, do you think cuprinnol paint will work on all the wood bits?

Paper will be fine for the end walls, and as I said earlier, a satin finish neutral coloured paint should be fine elsewhere on the walls.

I've never tried Cuprinol "paint". the only Cuprinol products I have experience of are their wood preservatives for fencing, and I certainly wouldn't use them inside a caravan as the "aroma" does tend to linger.

I think if you're referring to timber furniture edgings, whether original or replaced, I would be inclined to possibly use a wood stain followed by a good waxing. Alternatively a good quality coloured(?) varnish. When I refurbished / restored a mid 60's Elddis caravan, I used a light stain on the timber parts, and lots of elbow grease to bring it up to a soft shine.

1967 Elddis Whirlwind   5.jpg

1967 Elddis Whirlwind

1980's Orestes.jpg

Early 1980s Perle Orestes

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Paper will be fine for the end walls, and as I said earlier, a satin finish neutral coloured paint should be fine elsewhere on the walls.

I've never tried Cuprinol "paint". the only Cuprinol products I have experience of are their wood preservatives for fencing, and I certainly wouldn't use them inside a caravan as the "aroma" does tend to linger.

I think if you're referring to timber furniture edgings, whether original or replaced, I would be inclined to possibly use a wood stain followed by a good waxing. Alternatively a good quality coloured(?) varnish. When I refurbished / restored a mid 60's Elddis caravan, I used a light stain on the timber parts, and lots of elbow grease to bring it up to a soft shine.

attachicon.gif1967 Elddis Whirlwind 5. jpg

1967 Elddis Whirlwind

attachicon.gif1980's Orestes. jpg

Early 1980s Perle Orestes

is that gas locker in the bottom picture the original colours? as mine is all white?

is that gas locker in the bottom picture the original colours? as mine is all white?

It's probably original, as the colour did vary from year to year. Below is a picture of our 1983 Perle Orestes Classic.

1983 Orestes Classic.jpg