Do Other People Feel Like Me?

PR1

Well we are off again in the morning for at least 5 nights, or longer. We only got home from the last trip on Monday. We both still get so excited about going off in our caravan, even though we do at least a third of the year in it! Both of us look forward to exploring new sites, and new parts of our wonderful country.

Yes, before you ask, we are retired and are spending the children's inheritance!

Do other people still get excited about their travels?

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Would we still be doing it if we didn't? (50 years CC membership)

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Sadly not as excited as I got 30 years ago but then again I'm probably too busy making sure I have packed all my wifes needs to get as excited as I used to. Enjoyment though now thats not dropped much over the years.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Always look forward to going away in the van. My family laugh at me but we used to take our girls on a Friday for the weekend to Cotswold hobourne. When the caravan wheels used to go over the enter acne speed bump I used to really look forward to a short break. Now relax. ... That's another story lol

Now there just us two I still look forward to the break.

Lunar Stellar and Mercedes C Class estate 220 Sport

I get more excited going away in the Spring, Autumn & Winter over the years I have liked Summer caravanning less & less. We tend to go away twice a month off season but once every 6 weeks or so in the Summer. Its nice when its less crowded.

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554

Roll on sept 30th, only a few holidaymakers, empty beaches and no dog bans

Same here . Off again as soon as kids go back to school at beginning of Sept.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Well, I am getting a bit excited about going home tomorrow! We are away 20/22 weeks between April and end of October but always go home for August as the sites/tourist attractions are too full and too expensive for us. No doubt by the middle of August I shall be getting excited about going away after the Bank Holiday.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Sadly not as excited as I got 30 years ago but then again I'm probably too busy making sure I have packed all my wifes needs to get as excited as I used to. Enjoyment though now thats not dropped much over the years.

You do the packing for your wife?

My other half packs the car and I pack the caravan. :)

We've only had our little caravan since September so it's all still fairly new to us, but by the time we've been home a night I'm itching to get away again.

It's driving me insane currently as we got back from our last trip 2. 5 weeks ago and have another 3 weeks to the next one - I can't wait!

Retired. Spain Ist Sept, second long stay this year, Van stored in Spain nice drive to Costa Del Sol with out the van . We find it exhilarating to do these trips much better than Package Holidays where you get treated as if you are an imbecile after you reach a certain age . Roll on Sept 1st.

Well we are off again in the morning for at least 5 nights, or longer. We only got home from the last trip on Monday. We both still get so excited about going off in our caravan, even though we do at least a third of the year in it! Both of us look forward to exploring new sites, and new parts of our wonderful country.

Yes, before you ask, we are retired and are spending the children's inheritance!

I envy that you have the time and money to be able to get away so much but applaud you at the same time. Life is too short. I wish my parents, who live 100 miles away, would get in to caravanning or motorhoming. I don't mind my inheritance being spent on enjoyment one bit- better that than them handing it over to odd jobbers and home improvers.

More excited if I got six numbers up on the lottery.

The light at the end of the tunnel has been switched off.

One more sleep till we're off in ours, can't wait! Well, actually two more sleeps if you count the post-night-shift nap I'm about to have, then get up, load the can ready for am departure to the Lakes. Home on Saturday, get our new van on Monday, then off on Tuesday for a couple of nights to try it out. Then the kids are back at school so then fun stops for a bit :-(

We keep the caravan at home, sometimes we have lunch in it . ... sounds a bit sad that really. Hey oh, got the bug, whatcha gonna do :-)

One more sleep till we're off in ours, can't wait! Well, actually two more sleeps if you count the post-night-shift nap I'm about to have, then get up, load the can ready for am departure to the Lakes. Home on Saturday, get our new van on Monday, then off on Tuesday for a couple of nights to try it out. Then the kids are back at school so then fun stops for a bit :-(

We keep the caravan at home, sometimes we have lunch in it . ... sounds a bit sad that really. Hey oh, got the bug, whatcha gonna do :-)

You lucky luckster Rael, we love going there, have a safe trip.

Were having our AGA serviced at the moment so it's been turned off cooling down for the last week or so and we've been cooking and eating in the caravan parked in the back garden, it's been great, a proper holiday at home haha

Compass Corona (Magnum) 524 (2003) -----------VW Passat Alltrack 170 BHP DSG

We are all packed ready for the off tomorrow, just a short 5 nighter near Ringwood. Then in two weeks off to Oxford for a fortnight. Then two weeks at Kingston Lacy. 93 days away this year, We love it.

Discovery 4 & Lunar Clubman SB.         Sailing close to the wind

Just back from a week in Cornwall with the Grandkids, unpack, do the laundry, repack, and then off to France, without the Grandkids, it's great when you give them back !!

Agree about the grandkids. As for me, excitement is waking up in the morning - everything else is a bonus!

Being self employed, we tend to go away less, but for longer. We have been going every 6 weeks for 10 days for almost the last 3 years. Only August we now avoid, may as well let the people who need to go then enjoy them selfs.

Still get excited every time we go away. As said above, we enjoy the out of season trips.

We both work full time but make sure we get away as much as possible (30 nights away since Easter so far) and get really excited even if we just head 40mins down the road to our local CC site at Alderstead Heath. We have no children so tend to holiday outside of the school holidays and really looking forward to the first week of Sept in South Wales at Pembrey CC site. After then it'll be the odd Autumn weekend and then probably nothing until Feb/March.

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

We've been retired for 13 years and caravanned together for 15 years (me for over 25 years.) and I still get excited about going away whether here or abroad. We 'do' Holland for a month every April for the flowers, and Spain for 6 weeks, September to October. However, my better half hates being away for over two weeks, which means she gets the opposite of excited at the prospect of long stays or being away from her family. Takes some of the fun away from me but, selfish or not, we are only here once and for me caravanning is an essential to health and happiness in my old (ish) age.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

We are off to Spain at the end of the month for seven weeks, getting excited about it, despite going to the same site and using the same route for the past 15 years.

Les

Les

• 2 weeks later...

Roll on sept 30th, only a few holidaymakers, empty beaches and no dog bans

But very little income for the proprietors. Living in Cornwall I welcome those who visit Cornwall in the summer as it makes the County vibrant.

If by vibrant you mean overpriced, impossible to get anywhere and full of idiots who left any driving skills they had at Okehampton then you'd be right! Lol