Bailey Service Prices.

Deanne

Our Bailey Orion is due it's first service! just wondering what others have been quoted! we have been told £199 for each of the three years which is different to when we purchased it, they say this is now across the board?

Attempted to contact bailey customer service to be told the number wasn't available! Thanks.

Its about right I am afraid, comparable with other brands. Some charge £250. 00!

Can be cheaper in winter when they wanting business at a dealers.

As above mobile people a very good idea on top of price being cheaper you can see just what they check and adjust.

Also taking it to dealer then going back to tow it home is avoided.

A month ago I wanted a repair doing the main dealer said end of September would be the earliest and would have the caravan a week, a mobile repairer did it 3 days later and £50 cheaper and work completed in an afternoon.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

would rather have a mobile one as above saves having to tow,but I rang company yesterday but the engineer said he was unable to do warranty work! And as there are a couple of things we need doing that put paid to that.

Can be cheaper in winter when they wanting business at a dealers.

As above mobile people a very good idea on top of price being cheaper you can see just what they check and adjust.

Also taking it to dealer then going back to tow it home is avoided.

A month ago I wanted a repair doing the main dealer said end of September would be the earliest and would have the caravan a week, a mobile repairer did it 3 days later and £50 cheaper and work completed in an afternoon.

Unable to wait until winter as you must have the service done within 90 days to keep the warranty according to book.

Price is about right.

Had my Orion serviced yesterday £200. 64 including 2 new wheel bearing nuts @ £3. 50 each (single use parts) and VAT.

I was told that Bailey are on 2 weeks shut down at the moment.

I don't know - The sun shines and off they go on their hols! What is the world coming to? lol

Nice people @ Forest of Dean Caravans.

We waited while they did the service, not at the dealer's, but at Whitemead Forest Park about half a mile away.

Spent a nice relaxing 5 hours there, had coffee, lunch, a beer and a wander about. Much better than driving home for an hour, then 3 hours later going back again.

Edited by Wunny

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Price is about right.

Had my Orion serviced yesterday £200. 64 including 2 new wheel bearing nuts @ £3. 50 each (single use parts) and VAT.

I don't know - The sun shines and off they go on their hols! What is the world coming to? lol

We waited while they did the service, not at the dealer's, but at Whitemead Forest Park about half a mile away.

Spent a nice relaxing 5 hours there, had coffee, lunch, a beer and a wander about. Much better than driving home for an hour, then 3 hours later going back again.

thanks just wanted to check what they said, so, price is right x

£199 is quite cheap for a Dealer - but check if it includes all consumables . ... they will often (if not invariably) add on:

Alko wheel one-shot nuts

Battery for smoke alarm, CO alarm and Fire ignition - saying they need replacing every year (not true).

Water Filter

Alko stabiliser friction pads ("contaminated guv")

Also check if that includes VAT - they will sometimes quote the price without (why??).

The price will vary depending on where in the UK you live

My local mobile charges £135 for a single axle - or £165 if you want the brake drums removed, cleaned and new one shot nuts. NO VAT as he's a small business.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Mine's in next week, £175 inc vat + £15 for four one shot nuts

What do mobile fitter need then to do warranty work, the company I rang yesterday said look on map find your local one which I did only to be told he couldn't touch it as it has a three year warranty as it would invalidate it, confused.

Price is about right.

Hi Wunny, we have just put a deposit down for a Unicorn 2014 model (don't like the 2015s lol) @ Forest of Dean caravans and we have also booked to stay a few nights at whitemead to test it out. .....can't wait. Also interested in how much bailey service charges are as our current but soon to be ex van (Adria Sportline 2013) cost over £200.

1st Caravan was an Adria Sportline DK 2013 which we owned for just over a year. ....fab van, brilliant construction but unfortunately internal set-up wasn't quite up to our needs!

2nd Caravan . ... here and now . ... Bailey Barcelona 2014 . ....

Hi Wunny, we have just put a deposit down for a Unicorn 2014 model (don't like the 2015s lol) @ Forest of Dean caravans and we have also booked to stay a few nights at whitemead to test it out. .....can't wait. Also interested in how much bailey service charges are as our current but soon to be ex van (Adria Sportline 2013) cost over £200.

Lucky you getting into Whitemead. Plenty of room there yesterday, but whenever I've tried to book it's either fully booked or for a limited stay, like when I tried to book for 4 nights, but could only stay Friday, and could come back on Monday. So the best I've managed is to do a day visit.

Been trying since 1971 off & on! :blush: Seems when there is room, I can't get there!

FoD Caravans charge £40. 00 an hour.

Edited by Wunny

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Our service cost, including all bits, is £220. That is with a Bailey main dealer!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Our Bailey Orion is due it's first service! just wondering what others have been quoted! we have been told £199 for each of the three years which is different to when we purchased it, they say this is now across the board?

Attempted to contact bailey customer service to be told the number wasn't available! Thanks.

Back to the OP. I depends on where/who services your caravan & their hourly rate. You should not be charged more than 4 hours labour for a FULL Approved Workshop service. To keep your warranty intact the service must be carried out by a Bailey Approved workshop or a member of the Approved Workshop scheme.

If a price is quoted & it isn't stated at the time "plus VAT" then you cannot be charged extra fir VAT when the bill arrives!

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

My Orion was just under £250 for it's second service.

had mine serviced by approved moble engineer t/a 180 pounds 150 for single if that helps over 4 hours

Lucky you getting into Whitemead. Plenty of room there yesterday, but whenever I've tried to book it's either fully booked or for a limited stay, like when I tried to book for 4 nights, but could only stay Friday, and could come back on Monday. So the best I've managed is to do a day visit.

Been trying since 1971 off & on! :blush: Seems when there is room, I can't get there!

FoD Caravans charge £40. 00 an hour.

Awww wunny there's a shame, mind you we phoned them twice as first person just said no room and didn't even bother to look or check so hubby left it half an hour and then rang back and spoke to someone else who said there was just one pitch left so we grabbed it. We're only staying 2 nights as don't think they had space for longer than that. Just goes to show you it depends on who you speak to, some people are just so lazy! Thanks for the info on FoD.

1st Caravan was an Adria Sportline DK 2013 which we owned for just over a year. ....fab van, brilliant construction but unfortunately internal set-up wasn't quite up to our needs!

2nd Caravan . ... here and now . ... Bailey Barcelona 2014 . ....

I think £200 or there about is a fair price these days for a caravan service, especially if you consider what a lot of other services and items cost.

Double that of my car service.

My car servicing done by the main dealer, you choose if you want the manufactures service or the dealers service.

I choose dealers service and paid £99 for it, Makers service would have cost more and been an interim thus no oil and filter change.

My £99 one did include oil and filter change.

To me does not make sense.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

My car servicing done by the main dealer, you choose if you want the manufactures service or the dealers service.

I choose dealers service and paid £99 for it, Makers service would have cost more and been an interim thus no oil and filter change.

Sure . ..... You can get a oil and filter change at some dealers for £45 and a free health check and wash. (Maybe you where ripped off)

Out of interest, what was on your check list, what oil was used and was it a OE part and how much was the manufactures service and even though no oil change, what else would have been change on the suggested manufactures service.

I'm a firm believer of "you get what you pay for" and happy to pay £200 for my annual caravan service.

Paying less is definitely not gaining more.

Edited by Gaz40

Our service cost, including all bits, is £220. That is with a Bailey main dealer!

Mine was £220 all in too. Twin axle though. Bailey approved workshop.

If you see what you get for a car service vs a caravan service you would be surprised that a caravan service isn't more expensive. Generally an interim service on a car takes less than 30 mins. ..most of the checks are done in the time it takes the oil to drain! Edited by Caravanmedicswindon

For any additional information or advice please have a look on my website. .....

www. thecaravanmedic-swindon. co. uk

2nd year service on our bailey Cosford Caravans mainn bailey dealers £233 all in, no problems found

2020 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4  PHEV and 2016 Swift Conqueror 480 HT

Good to see you are getting a new U2, you won't be dissapointed, we also don't like the new U3. If you do much out of season touring the Alde vertical radiator we had fitted in our Valencia bathroom makes a huge difference. Cost is about £250ish