Have I Been Sold A Second?

KimmyandGinge

Regarding my Kampa Rally Pro Air 260,

This is the second time I've put it up, on the first outing I noticed the Kampa Rally badge on the outside was 'smudged', it really annoyed me but I thought it was me just being anal.

Today on the inside where the badge would be I noticed a small repair patch, and on further inspection, i can see it has a tiny tear.

For £600 I'm very disappointed.

I bought it from a reputable local caravan dealer and when I got it out of the bag all the relevant packaging papers where in place.

Not happy at all.

Gonna go and make some phone calls to Kampa and the place I bought it from.

post-51455-0-99665000-1406722302_thumb.jpg

post-51455-0-44979300-1406722516_thumb.jpg

Edited by KimmyandGinge
Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

Was it sealed or had it been opened? Anyway that to me means a replacement or a substantial discount. So annoying you wait all this time and then get a faulty one. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

The box was taped, just like me or you would tape it.

Surely the awning bags can't be sealed.

Rang the dealer, the awning salesman is off till Friday, rang Kampa, they told me I should contact the dealer, he also said it sounds like a manufacturing fault.

I'll find out more next week as I'm on me hols at the mo.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

Took it back to the suppliers when we got back today, he said don't have anymore in stock.

We'll see the outcome over the next few days!!

• 2 weeks later...

, he also said it sounds like a manufacturing fault.

I can't comment on the Kampa Pro awning, but we bought a Kampa 'deluxe winbreak' earlier this year (framed version, with horizontal top poles) and coated polyester 'canvas') and that also had a manufacturing defect on the fabric. . It was very noticeable, and should have been picked up before the awning was shipped from the factory.

The dealer replaced the fabric, but after only one weekend's use the frame, itself, oxidised very badly - leaving white deposits all over the tubes.

Even after cleaning, the frame now looks about 10 years old.

Personally, I'm not at all convinced about tthe quality of Kampa products - which is why we chose a Vango Varkala for our recently purchased air awning.