Suspicious Behaviour, Knaus Caravan

BFM

If you know of anyone that has lost a Knaus caravan in the Brighton area, I followed one without a registration plate being towed by a pickup with NI plates late evening, July 28 2014. There were various lights out, and I noted the registration of the towcar. Just in case it should be needed.

Edited by BFM

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

A useful site that lists stolen caravans is

http://www. caravantheftalerts. co. uk/stolen-caravans

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hi BFM,

DId you consider a 999 call.

Not checking lights suggest a more than usually fast departure.

David

PS does anyone know how the number plate recognition system reacts to "no plate"

Edited by Swizz

Swizz

Hi BFM,

DId you consider a 999 call.

Not checking lights suggest a more than usually fast departure.

David

PS does anyone know how the number plate recognition system reacts to "no plate"

Perhaps 101 would be more suitable as 999 is for emergency calls only?

ANPR reads the number therefore no number = no result.

Perhaps 101 would be more suitable as 999 is for emergency calls only?

ANPR reads the number therefore no number = no result.

Theft in progress deserves attention.

No number & no action ?

David

Edited by Swizz

Swizz

Log into crimestoppers website and click on submit anonymous info, you can tell everything on there. It will be sent to all police forces. It's a great website facility.

As they say, report anything suspicious. Ideally to the police at the time, not us on Caravan Talk as there's not much we can do about it, especially 24 hour later :(

Edited by matelodave

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

I thought about contacting 101, but I had no evidence of crime (apart from the defective headlight) and thought it was unlikely to be considered worthy of urgent attention.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps I am being naive but I used to store a couple of German caravans for owners with NI plates, not quite travellers but certainly but always 'on the move'...their cars had always defective lights or missing number plates. ....they always paid in cash, which could be a mixture of currencies. ...........why did they store in a professional store " in case they were stolen" elsewhere!

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530