Faulty Non Return Valve Kampa Rally Pro Air?

KimmyandGinge

Put my new Kampa Rally Pro Air 260 up yesterday for the 2nd time, when I removed the pump, I noticed air was coming of the valve, not a massive amount, but was still coming out.

I know the screw cap has a white seal in it which I assume is stopping the air leaking further.

It's been up for 3 days now with no problems,

Could this still be classed as faulty??

Edited by KimmyandGinge
Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

I'm sure it shouldn't have to rely on the screwcap to stop it from leaking; it ought to be like a car/bike tyre valve and seal properly, the screwcap should really only be considered as a means of keeping dust/dirt out of the valve. Sounds like there may be a bit of dirt in the valve already.

Talk to your dealer.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Put my new Kampa Rally Pro Air 260 up yesterday for the 2nd time, when I removed the pump, I noticed air was coming of the valve, not a massive amount, but was still coming out.

I know the screw cap has a white seal in it which I assume is stopping the air leaking further.

It's been up for 3 days now with no problems,

Could this still be classed as faulty??

I think I saw a reply about (I think, this fault) from forum member Kampa.

I now have another problem with it, due to a poorly mended tear, I shall be taking it back to the dealer on Monday to see what he says about it.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016