Annierknight

I am an active pensioner and have just bought a 1992 Abbey GT 212 2-bed caravan, with a view to holidaying with my dogs.

The caravan had various problems as might be expected, most of which I have fixed, however I have a problem with the electrics and electricity is not my thing! Whilst I can connect to mains via a cable, the 12 volt system has been modified, and doesn't have a battery. I understand that without a battery I can't get the Carver water heater to work?

Although there is no battery, ( the connecting wires have been cut off behind the battery box) I have chased the wiring right round the van and the battery wiring appears to still be there, along with the 240V version. However the cable colour changes from white and blue, to white/green, then white/brown along the way. It is in the locker on the opposite side from the battery cupboard but there it finishes, with the ends doubled back and taped.

Does the wiring need to complete a circuit of the van?

Can I just buy a new battery and renew the missing battery connections and connections?

Has anybody any advice please.

Can anybody help me with a caravan hand-book (or copy) and/ or a wiring diagram.

I will be most grateful for any assistance at all.

Many thanks

This sounds a little too complicated and needs a professional to look at it I fear. Never mess with electric in a caravan if you are not sure what you are doing.

Have you found the battery charger itself?

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John