My Next Caravan....................

Woodie106

yeah - then i woke up!!

http://metro. co. uk/2014/07/28/at-600000-the-cr-1-carbon-caravan-is-very-much-an-upwardly-mobile-home-4813340/

Nice to dream though. ................ ;)

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Wow!!! That is one awesome bit of kit, that requires a seriously capable towcar. It does make the run of the mill caravans look just a teeny bit inadequate. Would I want one, NO!!! If you have that kind of money, I doubt caravanning would be at the top of the list of activities.

However if one of you guys was to buy one, I would love to be your personal valet for a suitable retainer and free use of your outfit!! ;)

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Note: it doesn't say much about the nose weight! or the MTPLM either! mind you with the latest Carbon Fibre technologies it might be OK to tow with a Fiat Panda, once you ditch the washing machine & Dryer of course . .. :o

"its not the space in your Caravan, it's the space your Caravan is in, that counts"

Most 4 x 4s would be able to tow the unit however as per American units the nose weight would probably be about 200kg and you require a special hitch.

, once you ditch the washing machine & Dryer of course . .. :o

Don't you have these in your van then. .......................... :ph34r:

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Don't you have these in your van then. .......................... :ph34r:

I do Woodie, they are on the ends of my OH's arms!! B)

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

i think when it was launch a few months ago they said it was about 6000 lbs .

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/93456-carbon-fibre-caravans/?hl=carbon

Prices will tumble if a major mass production company took to making carbon fibre caravans .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Been saying for years don't know why caravan manufactures don't take a page out the aircraft industry. .. Monocouqe design made of MMMF's. Strength with reliability and very light in weight. .. Cost would be a problem. ......

GAS . .

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "