Unicorn Valencia Ser 2 Jvc Radio Won't Play Mp3 Or Was?

klarky

Having tried lots if variations,different discs, different bit rates etc,still won't play,anybody else got this problem???

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

Yes I think we have the same problem.

Van stored at the in laws but I will look at the weekend.

It's a Jvc KD R233,which is supposed to play WAV and MP3 formats. ...... But it certainly does not.

Have tried everything possible with no joy

Strange, some units are emblazoned with the MP3 logo indicating that they will play MP3 but are in reality will only play from a separate MP3 device, thats not the case with this unit, it should play pretty much anything.

Wrote with two different programmes, Nero and roxio,still the same. .....cheap rubbish probably,they're not expensive units. last one. ... Blaupunkt in my lunar played them no bother.

If they play in the xtrail I would expect the same in the caravan.

All I do is copy and paste in file manager (forgot what they call it now) All my music is in MP3

Mines a 2008 xtrail,dusn play mp3. ......neither does the caravan radio. .....in any other format unfortunately lol

Edited by klarky

My Peg 2 has a KD R223 unit and it plays MP3 CDs fine. The CDs were produced years ago so I can't remember what software I used to get MP3 files from the original audio CDs or what I used to write the MP3 files to the CD.

The only difference from playing normal audio CDs is that it takes quite a long time to organise itself before playing the first track.

Tried old mp3s, tried writing from different programmes,tried different discs,tried different bit rates. .....everything really. ....still not play on either dvd or cdr . ...stumped. ...... Probably the player, well it has to be

Edited by klarky

I would suggest the unit is faulty. .. Does it play regular CDs?

Perhaps a dirty lens on the radio CD transport?

CD-Rs used to be considered more likely 'compatible' than CD+Rs or CD-RW discs but most modern players are less fussy, I understand.

SWMBO tried playing an MP3 disc in our fairly ancient JVC mini-hi-fi unit the other day and was surprised to find it would't do so: So I made her a mini-jack to 2x RCA (phono) jacks so she could play music off her phone via the AUX input.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Plays regular cds. plays music off dvd and cdrs.

Yes i think it's a rubbish unit. I am going to reset the unit to see if it changes anything. ......don't hd ya breath lol

The radio supplied in the U2 is very basic and is certainly not the radio advertised in the brochure.

We upgraded ours as I wanted it to be iPod compatible and then thought sod it for not much more got Dab too.

They're always on special offer at Halfords and elsewhere. Save yourself the hassle of messing with it and just buy a better JVC head unit that will slide into the same case.

But if you want dab too then you are going to have to buy the dab Ariel cable and connect it with a T connector into the vision plus box. .......a 2 minute job

Edited by Roger3596

Audi Q5 3. 0Tdi S Line

The radio supplied in the U2 is very basic and is certainly not the radio advertised in the brochure.

We upgraded ours as I wanted it to be iPod compatible and then thought sod it for not much more got Dab too.

They're always on special offer at Halfords and elsewhere. Save yourself the hassle of messing with it and just buy a better JVC head unit that will slide into the same case.

But if you want dab too then you are going to have to buy the dab Ariel cable and connect it with a T connector into the vision plus box. .......a 2 minute job

wouldn't have thought CHANGING THE HEAD WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE,AS THE WORKINGS/LASER ETC ARE INSIDE THE CASE. ????

the head is just the control

wouldn't have thought CHANGING THE HEAD WOULD MAKE A DIFFERENCE,AS THE WORKINGS/LASER ETC ARE INSIDE THE CASE. ????

the head is just the control

The head unit includes the workings/laser etc. Used to be called a bakelite receiver in my day!!

Sam :beardy:

maybe im not getting this head unit thing,the head unit as far as i'm thinking,is the control unit that you can snap on or off the main unit(the case which is where all the cables are attached to)which also houses the workings and the laser which determines what it plays????....so i'm thiking how can the snap on off panel house the laser?????

Klarky - you are describing a faceplate. The head unit is what we usec to call a 'car radio'

The display and controls are mounted on the "front panel" which is detachable on some stereos to deter theft. The whole thing is called a "head unit". Some head units do not have a CD player anymore.

Ok in simple terms just buy a new JVC car radio that is a single Din (this is the size of the radio) so that it fits the bracket casing that is already installed. Do not buy double din as it will be too big, unless you intend to change the bracket too.

Buy one that plays mp3 and or iPod and to meet any other requirements you may have.

The one I bought plays mp3/iPod via USB digital connection/dab/fm/am. ....maybe even single cd but I never use that.

Then slide the old one out with the two keys, disconnect the plugs, reconnect the plugs plus any other cables you might need ie dab and slide it back in. A 2 minute job.

Audi Q5 3. 0Tdi S Line

Terminology that killed it. .....yes I do know how to change the radio,and look like doing so. .....not bothered about DAB. ....HOPEFULLY THE NEXT ONE DOES WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN.:-D

Will have to position usb cable in rear before seating,will go through aperture where aerial cable goes through so as to connect relevant toys.