Bailey Unicorn S1 Madrid Leaking Shower Door

Oscarmax

We used our square shower cubical in our 2012 bailey unicorn for the first time this weekend, water leaking through the bottom of the door, not the seals, we had to use a rolled up towel to stop the floor getting saturated. Any help how to cure the problem ?

2020 Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4  PHEV and 2016 Swift Conqueror 480 HT

I am at a loss to see how it can get onto the floor as the bottom of our shower door rests inside the tray.

Its also difficult to actually spray the door while showering?

Or am I misreading your post?

We have the centre folding double "glass" door.

Hi xtrailman,

Yes it is the glass bi-folding Ellbee shower door, it is not leaking at the seals, at the bottom of the door adjacent to the hinges there are small gaps enough for the water to penetrate. In theory if the door was fitted a little lower at the hinge (hanging jamb) the gaps at the bottom of the shower door would sit a little better behind the front lip of the shower tray.

Ideally it could do with some sort seal to protect this weak point at the bottom of the door/ front of tray.

Oscarmax

I have just had a look at our shower door, the bottom of the door seats inside the shower tray, so no water should be getting under the door.

The door appears to fit inside a slider and is fixed I believe with four screws, which can be seen when stood inside the shower with the door closed.

I would be looking at getting the door lowered, mine could actually go down another 10mm with out touching the tray.

Oscarmax

I have just had a look at our shower door, the bottom of the door seats inside the shower tray, so no water should be getting under the door.

The door appears to fit inside a slider and is fixed I believe with four screws, which can be seen when stood inside the shower with the door closed.

I would be looking at getting the door lowered, mine could actually go down another 10mm with out touching the tray.

Totally agree with you, I am going to lower my door this afternoon and silcon a plastic trim to the front/top edge to stop the water overspilling onto the floor.

Lowering the door does not work, will have to 25mm plastic trim to raise the front of the tray.

Hi oscarmax. and xtrailman

Just read this post with interest, just checked my unicorn s1 shower door

The door bottom fits (when closed)onto the inside of the shower tray

So no water should go on to the floor. .

The shower door is fixed just like xtrailman states

So the question is : has the shower door lost( never fitted) the bottom strip as this would then let the shower water run on to the floor of the van???

Hope this will help you!

Hi Two Star,

What strip ? there is strip fitted to the bottom of the door ?

The glass is inside a white frame which is around 25mm at the bottom.

Hi noelthemole,

Depth of the shower tray lip 20mm, thickness of the lip 20mm

If I unscrew the hinge on my bi-fold doors and re-position it as low as possibe, I can clear see the gap between the hinges at the base.

I am going to fit a UPVC 20 x 25mm bead and the front of the shower tray, when I finished I will post some photos.

Is it splashing through or is your shower tray filling up until it overflows. I've just been and looked at mine and the tray has a stepped lip and the door is just above the tray rim but below the lip so any water running down the door drains into the tray.

We always use our shower and never had any water escaping. Even if we kicked water about in the shower it wouldn't come out. Only by putting the plug in and letting it overflow would we get any leakage.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

New UPVC 20mm x 25mm box trim now silconed in place, water running through the hinge gaps at the bottom of the bi-fold door now running back into the shower tray. :D

Hello oscarmax

Very interesting is this, could I suggest you try this ?

Put the plug in the shower tray & fill the shower tray with water not up to the top but say half full

With the van levell pull the plug out & check if the water run,s away ( slow or fast)

If the water runs out slow may I suggest you check witch waste pipe it run,s out from

Could you then lower this pipe at the outlet end then re check,

Just as metalodave, post!

You could have a plonked pipe??

hi noelthemole,

the water drains away fine through the plug hole, water is just escaping through the gaps between the hinges at the bottom of the door when someone was using the shower. Now it can no longer escape and run back into the shower tray.

Photos of 20mm x 25mm UPVC trim to stop water penetrating through gaps between the hinges at the base of the shower door, I paid £4. 50 for a 5 metre length from my local plastic profile company, you we only need about 550mm so you will have a lot of spare profile left.[

sharedmedia=gallery:images:9204]

Bailey Madrid Shower Door 001

Bailey Madrid Shower Door 002