Yellow Flame

Martinlamb

Hi,

I have bought a Swift Conqueror 580 Sal.

Whenever I light the gas rings on the caravan cooker. The flame is yellow on the tips.

I've exchanged the butane gas bottle for propane recently. Could this be the problem or is there something that I need to adjust ?.

Hi Martin,

I think this is natural & not something to be concerned about. Changing gas type has no effect on flame type as far as I recall.

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

Flame should be crisp and blue and not yellow . .. is it a lazy flame . .. ? Suggest you get your cooker seen asap by a qualified gas engineer . ....

GAS . ..

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

OP said " yellow at the tips " GAS. I am pretty sure ours flames are blue, but with yellow at the very tips.

But I could be mistaken :blush:

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

First thing to do is clean around the burners, sometimes cleaning agent congregates there, take the cap off and brush with a stiff brush, next is the jets, don't poke at them, this can make the hole bigger, best to blow air through them. If it's still burning yellow, too much air is getting into the system so it would be best to get it checked by a certified "gas safe" fitter

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Yellow is too little air rather than too much - remember the bunsen burners in chemistry? The only safe advice is to get it professionally checked.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

Do you have the correct regulator fitted when you changed the gas type? Yellow flames will produce more carbon and carbon monoxide, so do get this checked out. Check the flame on your heater as well to ensure that isn't burning yellow as well.