Only Used Twice ?

John Pov

Looking at August CC magazine, there are a lot of awnings for sale that have only been used "twice".

This reminds me of a awning I looked at back in January advertised as only used "once" for two weeks for the grand kids. On calling the seller he gave me all the info and I checked the brochure and it was what I was looking for. So made a long journey, guess what: There were no pegs or elastic ladders for pegging out, the frame was all tarnished (age) there was a small hole and the weather had faded the material.

Having done my home work before visiting the seller, I identified the awning as a very old model not made for a number of years, this is despite the seller saying it was just over 12 months old. I made a silly offer, probably the true value for the condition and age, the seller told me where to go and I could not get out quick enough.

Some 7 months later, he still has it for sale as only used once.

Has any one else experienced the same.

Used only once, By Him :rolleyes:

We decided what we could afford and contacted

several dealers looking for ex display models.

In the end we were offered a brand new unused

"old model" which we bought at a very reasonable price

Only used twice. Once for 5 years and the other time for 3 years. Other than that - brand new. :lol:

Fire. Now there's a hot topic!

Used only once, By Him :rolleyes:

We decided what we could afford and contacted

several dealers looking for ex display models.

In the end we were offered a brand new unused

"old model" which we bought at a very reasonable price

I did the same after looking at a few "used twice"

We have several awnings that are just lying about doing hee-haw. They seem to breed and wont leave home. They mostly come from damaged vans or finance repo`s and are usually less than five years old. A good few went up in flames as we couldnt give them away and the poles got scrapped in the annual weigh-in.

Gem Caravans (Fife) Ltd.

ALL MAKES SERVICING AND REPAIRS

BAILEY TRANSIENT WARRANTY, LUNAR AND COACHMAN WARRANTY

www. gemcaravancare.co.uk 07803 922945

WORKSHOP NOW OPEN

First awning I bought via Gumtree was an older Isabella Minor Porch. It really was in cracking condition. Old but definitely close to "as good as new" certainly well cared for and probably lightly used despite it being a fair few years old.

Next purchase was an Isabella Capri lux with carbon X poles, pegs of every material and description, curtains tie backs groundsheet, the works, described as only used twice, via pre-loved ( 2nd hand to the realistic amongst us ) Again it wasexactly as described and definitely "as new" and half the price.

So to all you cynics, its not all lies and falsehoods in awning sale world.

You do need to ask questions that will establish some sort of age,

"is it last years model?"

"how long have you actually had it?"

"was it new when you had it?"

Well you get the drift, and do your homework so you know some of the

trim changes on the model you are interested in.

I put a 2 week old dorema in as part exchange for a new trio awning, the new (secondhand) caravan leaked a lot so we took it back to the dealer under the their warranty and bought a brand new one.

If I'd had more time I would have advertised the awning.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I sold an awning recently that had been used only twice. Each time I used it other people on site erected it for me as it was too heavy for me. I now have a lightweight one that is easy to put up. BTW the man who bought it rang me a couple of days later to thank me as the awning was perfect for him. So you see, some are actually used only twice :)