Help Please With Lunar External Bbq Point

treebs

Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying the glorious weather. Sorry to post this but after 20+ years of successfully using a conventional BBQ it was decided, after a very short discussion, that I was required to come into the 21st century and use a gas BBQ. So we purchased one and I went to the caravan main dealer to ensure I got the right connector for the external gas point on our 2013 Clubman. Now, the gas point comes out at an angle and has a red knob but the fitting stops about 1" from the bottom of the housing making it physically impossible to insert the connector. It would take a connector with an elbow (if there is such a thing). I'm back to the dealer tomorrow but before I make a complete idiot of myself can anyone tell me if I'm missing something really simple here as I've never used an external gas point before and never took much notice of them. Thanks

There should be a bayonet female collar on the tap and a male on the hose, connect the two the the tap will turn on.

Thanks flamez. Yes I can see what you mean but the problem is there isn't physically enough room to insert the male due to the female collar being so close to the bottom of the housing.

To anyone having the same problem - after visiting dealer - the grey plastic securing clip above the pipe can be removed by simply pulling it outwards quite firmly. This then allows SLIGHT and GENTLE movement of the pipe which was sufficient to resolve the problem in my case. The plastic clip can then be pushed back into position holding the pipe secure.

I'm glad you got it sorted, now you can use your new bbq :)

but don't throw you charcoal one away just yet ;)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)