Elddis Crusader Typhoon Wheel Lock

dazkim

Hi all

Looking for a little help we have just collected a 2011 elddis crusader typhoon with the 15 inch alloy wheels and thought I had bought the correct diamond wheel lock but it doesn't fit.

We bought the s2005-7 wheelbrake diamond lock but when trying to fit to the wheel the long stem that goes through the wheel isn't long enough to connect with the insert fitted to the caravan it looks about 1 inch to short. Am I doing something wrong or have I bought the wrong lock.

CHEERS DAZKIM

Ok, I'll start with the obvious - have you rotated the wheel so that the blue body sits within the recess of the spokes in the alloys? I know it's a daft question but I don't see what else you could be getting wrong.

Hi

Yes I made sure the locating grommet was exactly in the middle of the alloy and offered the lock up to it and it fits perfect but the metal rod in the lock just isn't long enough. I have looked on the box and notice there are three different lock numbers I am now wondering if the different numbers mean different length rods.

CHEERS DAZKIM

Isn't there an adjustable collar on the shaft, held on with an Allen bolt. .....I'm sure mine has. .and it adjusts the collar on the shaft.

It might be the collar is in the wrong position so doesn't allow the shaft to reach the holder. .

Just a thought. ...

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

Ok thanks for that I will take a look later when I get home everything is worth a try.

CHEERS DAZKIM

Hi all

Well I hope now to have solved the problem I emailed elddis Sunday evening asking them which number lock I should have as there on only 3 and they emailed me back Monday (which is excellent service) and it seems I have the wrong lock.

I have now tracked down a lock with the correct number which I will collect at the weekend and hopefully be sorted .

Thanks all for your input.

CHEERS DAZKIM