Joining 2 Hook Up Leads

Susie Q

Have seen somewhere about a waterproof container for the joint between 2 hook up leads. I think it was Go Outdoors but can't find it anywhere. Can anyone please help?

Sue

I can't tell you where to buy one but the blue plug and socket is rated at IP44 and I don't think the covers are any different apart from offering mechanical protection and increased vsibility.

knarf

Not especially needed. .. as long as the connectors are not going to sit in a pool of water. IP44 protection is suitable for rain in the UK. You don't fit a cover over the point where the cable plugs into the bollard / supply post do you?

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

http://www. homesteadcaravans. co. uk/electrosafe-rugby/

I think this is what you are talking about, but they don't even specify the IP rating so I suspect it isn't rated as good as the ordinary connectors.

knarf

We've got one of these. We've used it a few times in the past on CL's to cover the joint between 2 EHU leads when we wanted to pitch further away.

Nowadays we would probably just use our portable solar panels . ..... ;)

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Thank you everyone. We had to join two leads in France to reach the bollard and also have a join if using the two pin adaptor and if we have to use the reverse polarity adaptor we seem to have lots of joins.

Sue

when I split my 25 meter cable to 10 and 15 I used ip67 rated plug and socket if it needs to be on the ground, the other ends are just the standard so doesn't matter too much as they are off the ground

Towing with 2. 0 darkside mk3 Ford Focus hatch named the Naked Turtle, towing a 1993 Abi Jubilee Emperor Named Michelle

Better if you can get the join off the ground with the cables trailing downwards so that water runs away from the cable entry.

If you are really worried about it put the connection inside an upside down carrier bag and position it just above the hedge bottom (or whatever.) Another possibility is to wrap the whole in clingfilm.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Have seen somewhere about a waterproof container for the joint between 2 hook up leads. I think it was Go Outdoors but can't find it anywhere. Can anyone please help?

Sue

Sue, it's still available from Go Outdoors . .. see here.

John

I dont see how the Crusader one can be waterproof there isn't any rubber seal or anything between the two halves.

knarf

Sue, it's still available from Go Outdoors . .. see here.

John

Thank you so much John. I had the staff in Go Outdoors looking yesterday morning and they couldn't find it instore or online.

Will know what i am asking for now.

Sue

Hi

My understanding is that two connectors when joined are "splash proof" rather than water proof.

Anyway, when joining two, we play the two joined ends on a couple of bricks so they are off the ground, then put an upturned bucket atop, with another brick on it. Never had any bother. Bricks and buckets of course free of charge from skips etc.

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Quote "Bricks and buckets of course free of charge from skips etc."

:D Of course

Edited by DTH

Dave & Annette .

07 Kia Sorento 2. 5 CRDi XE --- 2012 Lunar Clubman CK