Refused To Allow My Annex!

Have been on a private site in Weston all week, booked some time ago. When booking noticed the no annex rule and questioned the reason and was told there wasn't room on the pitch, but if it fitted well it wouldn't be a problem. On arrival on Monday asked again about this and was told no if we allow one they'll all want one. .Decided this must be a site run with millitary precision. . Imagine my surprise to see Tents Gazebos pup tents cars vans trailers scattered all over. neat and tidy it was not! Now I know I was told no from the outset but I find it hard to accept that my little outfit with the annex was anywhere near the footprint of the huge motorhomes on the pitches opposite. It narked me all week as I couldn't see a reason for this pettiness. Apart from this the site was very good, If busy, but that's to be expected. . Anyone else come across this? :angry:

Oh yes some of the "private sites" have very odd rules like the one we used a few times and actually liked it.

They did not allow larger caravans on the shore front (looking over the Solway Firth) but strangely there were caravan even bigger than mine on the shore.

They also were very specific about children i. e. caravans had to be placed in a separate area.

We stayed for the weekend and because my son & partner along with the wee one (then just a year old) was coming down for a few days I had to move the van to the "children's area" and returned home.

Next day my son phoned to say they wanted the van moved to yet another plot.

The worst part was when I telephoned to see what it was all about I was given 1 hour to get the van moved.

I made the 70 mile journey the next morning and moved the van.

Home, My son and his family holiday ruined which is why I will never return to Queensberry Bay

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

Its not just caravan sites though is it ? This sort of pettiness, rules for the sake of rules, policies for the sake of policies, total unwillingness to veer or even listen in case someone audits them and brings down auditor wrath, social engineering on ever grander scales. Its just another hallmark of our increasily controlled society.

. ................and people moan about the regimented Caravan Club!!!! Pah!!!!

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

No idea what an annex is - is it the same as an awing or something else?

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Sorry to be pedantic but 'annex' is a verb, as in Putin wanted to annex the Crimea ! The noun is 'annexe', meaning an outbuilding (usually) ;)

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

No idea what an annex is - is it the same as an awing or something else?

Russ

We had an annexe for our awning, zipped onto the end of the awning to increases the space inside for sleeping or storage etc.

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

So, trying to see this from both sides, you have a caravan, an awning and then a bit of extra awning?

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

So, trying to see this from both sides, you have a caravan, an awning and then a bit of extra awning?

Russ

Russ, I think he means something like http://www. towsure. com/product/Kampa_Fiesta_Air_Awning_Annexe?catargetid=520002630000002101&cadevice=c&gclid=COrdsKqX5b8CFRHHtAodYjYAzQ ??

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Sometimes it's better to have CLUB sites as the "rule" made up by the attendant can be counteracted by the fact that they are not mentioned in the club rules.

(Been there a couple of times)

Private sites it can be a pain as they can make up rules as they want when they want. Plus if you pay for a week and the rules are not ideal after day 2 then you face loosing the weeks money if you move. So either you shut up and accept the rules or you move and loose out.

But to be honest most rules are reasonable and not having an extra few square feet in an annexe is one that can be liveable. By nature we are British and like to moan about rules but generally we will follow them.

Edited by BGB

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2015 BMW 330d Touring Xdrive pulling A 2014 Bailey Unicorn S2 Cadiz

If you don't like the rules, then don't go there.

2015 SorentoKX2 pulling a 2011 Sterling Eccles Moonstone

If you don't like the rules, then don't go there.

And how do you know the rules if you don't go there? How many post up their restrictions on caravan talk?

BGB,

A lot of sites have their rules on their web pages. Surely when an annexe is zipped into an awning, it becomes part of a slightly larger awning?

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

And how do you know the rules if you don't go there? How many post up their restrictions on caravan talk?

The OP states he noticed the exclusion when booking.

So he did know the rules and chose to book any way, so why moan afterwards

I was being general about sites that don't post restrictive rules on their website.

It's this

annexe.520.2013.web.jpg

You are right, I did read the rules before booking and queried it on the phone. It is a private site and if they decide they dont want white caravans any more or anything over 20 ft then they can, and at this time of year particularly they can fill the site anyway. My point is that it didn't seem to be the same rule for everyone else. Still I shall vote with my feet and take my huge menacing outfit elsewhere :D:D

I had a similar encounter a few years ago on a Morris Leisure site to do with taking my son who was a toddler into the adults only section to say goodbye to his grandparents who had inadvertently pitched it that part. The jobsworth was very abusive to my wife and caused a lot of upset. If i'd been on hand I would have ended up hitting him :o That's another that we never returned to. .

The OP states he noticed the exclusion when booking.

So he did know the rules and chose to book any way, so why moan afterwards

He also stated that he was told that it would probably be allowed. Maybe you missed that bit from up there on the high horse? :):)

He also stated that he was told that it would probably be allowed. Maybe you missed that bit from up there on the high horse? :):)

No I did not miss it, but probably does not mean yes and if it turns into no then that's tough and not valid reason to moan about unreasonable rules.

No I did not miss it, but probably does not mean yes and if it turns into no then that's tough and not valid reason to moan about unreasonable rules.

I dont think he moaned either. He simply explained what had happened, mentioned that it displeased him a little, otherwise praised the site and asked if others had similar experiences. Doesnt constitute a moan in my book.

Steer clear of the refugee camps and stick to CLs, no-one will care how many awnings or annexes you have!

I dont think he moaned either. He simply explained what had happened, mentioned that it displeased him a little, otherwise praised the site and asked if others had similar experiences. Doesnt constitute a moan in my book.

In steve's world this is unacceptable on a forum like this!

In steve's world this is unacceptable on a forum like this!

You know absolutely nothing about my world, you should try to have an intelligent debate instead of making stupid personal remarks.

You know absolutely nothing about my world, you should try to have an intelligent debate instead of making stupid personal remarks.

Sorry if I have upset you with my post.
My comment was based purely on your posts: you have shown intolerance towards the original poster, which I think is wrong. Others have pointed out that he was neither moaning nor being unreasonable with his assumptions. I wasn't attempting to suggest that I knew you through anything other than your posts here. I won't attempt to convince you further, as this would seem to be pointless.
I take issue with your description of my comment as "stupid". I feel my comment was reasonable and also in the spirit of the forum. However I can accept that everyone interprets things differently, I hope you can too.