How Do I Remove My Elddis Shamal Caravan Charger Or Can I Remove The Fuse

Richiejacque

Hi.

I'm looking for some advice on how to remove my Elddis shamal caravan charger or remove the inline fuse.

Last year we were at silverstone race circuit for the weekend and hooked up to there generator for electric, at some point the charger broke and as a result totally discharging the battery resulting in me having to by a new battery.

I don't know if the generator was the problem or the charger.

I've got a new charger fitted on the van now, but was wondering if I isolate the charger and just use a halfords smart charger to keep the battery topped up would this work.

Please help and advise.

Many thanks

Richiejacque.

:welcome:

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Your caravan charger is designed to run your on board 12V systems in addition to charging the battery. Your Halfords charger will not be happy doing this.

Are you sure the on board charger is faulty?

Is the battery fuse (close to the battery box) ok?

Tony

Hi Tony.

Yes the charger was faulty, as it was checked by an independent motorhome dealer close to Silverstone prior to me taking it to a Elddis service centre upon our return from our holiday.

When we are at silverstone this year I will not be using any of the 12 volt system through choice.

Many thanks

Richiejacque.

When we are at silverstone this year I will not be using any of the 12 volt system through choice. .

So no water, no TV and no lighting?