Where To Stop On Way To Newquay

hi all we are on our way to newquay cornwall next Friday morn but not booked on site till sat morn so was wondering if anyone had any ideas of where to stop in the afternoon to stay for the night that wont break the bank we are not in any of the clubs if that makes any difference.

thanks for any ideas people we are traveling from the Wirral by the way

steve

Definitely get yourself past Bristol before you stop, as that will make the journey on the Saturday easier.

You could stay at this cc site, and it says you don't have to be a member either

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk-caravan-sites-and-parks/SiteDetails. aspx?csid=21932

As milky marsh says get past Bristol & maybe give this site a wide berth too. .....

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/96548-europes-most-expensive-site-brook-lodge-farm-bristol/

Last time we went to Cornwall we left late Friday - about 10pm - & I drove until I couldn't carry on - about 4am - & then found a lay by, put the feet down & we got our heads down until about 9am. Stopped in Exeter services to use their facilities & then carried on down to Bude. Arrived about lunch time. We stopped on the A303, which obviously you won't be travelling on, but there are lay by's on the A38 south of Bristol.

Edited by Woodie106

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

If you are happy to stop just short of Bristol, then Tudor Caravan Park at Slimbridge provides a good stopover, and if you have a couple of nights, it's a pleasant walk to Peter Scott's wetland centre.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

We used this site for an overnight stop a few years ago,

1 mile south of the end of the M5 and very easy access

from the A38. Don`t know what it is like now but looks ok

on the website.

http://www. kennfordinternational. co. uk/index. html

Dave & Annette .

07 Kia Sorento 2. 5 CRDi XE --- 2012 Lunar Clubman CK

personally I`d do the lot on Saturday morning, set off about 4am, roads will be dead so no real stress.

ive done it from Northwich stopped at strensham and micheal wood services then again on a layby on the a30.

it`s not that bad :)

VOLVO s60 se towing a Swift Azzura

We're doing a similar journey in a few weeks and are stopping at Weir Farm CS at Eckington near Tewkesbury for £5(no ehu but it's only a stopover so we can manage).

It's about 2. 5-3 hours from home and 3. 5-4 to Perranporth

Guest Benzowner

There is a caravan site just off the M5 at Highbidge, not sure of the junction number, our friends from the Bradford area often stopped there on their way to Cornwall.

I've just come back from Cornwall earlier today and the traffic at the Temple bottleneck (where it goes single track for 2miles) on the A30 going down was a fair few miles, on seeing that I'd try and get past there on Friday then legs down kettle on and continuing down on sat morning. ..

2008 Bailey Pageant Champagne series 6 / 2014 model Kampa Rally Pro 390 porch awning

2013 Honda CR-V SE diesel + 2005 Honda CR-V diesel Sport

Pollycotton Outwell Trout Lake tunnel tent

Hi, not sure if your sorted, but we stayed on a CC CL site 'Crossways', not sure if you have to be a member tho, but just a couple of hundred yards of the A30 and a nice little petrol station with a smart restaurant within walking distance. It was perfect for us, might be the same for you