I, I, I, I Almost Made It This Time.

Steamdrivenandy

So, we're pondering buying a Quasar 554 fixed twin single bed van with an MTPLM of 1350kg. Problem is the Cee'd SW auto is only allowed to drag up to 1300kg, even though the i30 Tourer with the same floorpan and drivetrain is allowed 1400kg.

This morning I thought I'd spotted the ideal solution. A Renault dealership in Exeter, bear with me, was selling a 2011 Hyundai i40 Tourer auto. with 82k miles for a tad under £11,000. i40 auto's can pull up to 1500kg and as I only do 6000 miles a year it would be ideal, hitting 100,000 miles at six years old (17,000 a year average) and covered by Hyundai's 5 year unlimited mileage warranty for the next two years.

It seemed too good to be true and in a sense it was. When I contacted the dealer, the car had been sold.

Doh!

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

I pondered over a convertible yesterday. ... Had the spiel that someone was coming to look at it. . Paff, nobody puts pressure on me. ... When I rang back, it had been sold!! I actually laughed on the phone!ha ha!

Caravanless. ...

I'm told that car dealers do occasionally tell the truth, usually at the point of a gun :)

SDA, are you ready to welcome Katherine ? The village looks nice with its bunting.

I've even purchased new sun glasses in honour of the occasion, we're told the glare off the lip gloss can fry eggs!!!