Tent Size

bighair

Just got back from Cornwall. Great site in st ives. Been many times over the years but. ....... Tents.

We sat outside the van whilst the campers turned up next door. They put up a tent that was. ... I kid you not. . Over thirty feet long! It was huge. They were joined by their friends who were setting up on the pitch next door. I thought this could be a bit noisy but we just watched. ... Then out came the crowning glory. A gazebo. They put that up and then put chairs around the table for twelve!!!!!

Luckily we managed to move pitch but should I have to?

Lunar Stellar and Mercedes C Class estate 220 Sport

Luckily we managed to move pitch but should I have to?

Question is, "Did you have to?" Granted they had a large group, but were they noisy, boisterous or otherwise inconsiderate?

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I did have to move Gordon. They were The whole package. Very noisy. Twelve campers make serious noise.

I have seen caravan owners do exactly the same.

It looked like a scene from an old Cowboy and Indian film as they formed a circle of five vans with four gazebo's lashed together.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

I did have to move Gordon. They were The whole package. Very noisy. Twelve campers make serious noise.

I understand, but this isn't always the case in my experience. We had a group of bikers pull in next to us once in France, and we thought our holiday was over, but you couldn't have met a more considerate bunch of guys and gals. On the other hand, we had a rowdy family park a small caravan next to us some years ago, but a word with the site owner resulted in their removal from the site, and the other outfits were able to complete their stay in peace.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Have you ever considered that they were there to have a holiday?

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

The big problem with tents is that all other people on the site can hear every word that's said especially if the weather is inclement and a few bottles are being consumed inside, and the occupants seem oblivious to the amount of noise they are making, I am all for having a good time while away but there is a time to pack up and shut up,

Rod.

Avondale Mayfly and Renault Scenic 1. 9tdi

Most sites have a noise shut off time; normally 11 pm.

This may same late to some people, but if the people are just talking with their friends, I'm quite happy with that time.

Regards,

Jim.

They put up a tent that was. ... I kid you not. . Over thirty feet long! It was huge.

30 foot is just about right for a couple: Ours were comfortable and not at all cramped. We are not noisy at night, nor are our families when they camp with us.

I've been kept awake noisy caravanners and motorhomers more than I ever have by tent campers.

Tent campers soon learn how noise travels at night and tend not to inflict it on others.

Put people in a tin box and they are insulated from the noise and generate loads when they have a party in their awning until the early hours.

They then sleep soundly, while all around want to take revenge.

Here mare a couple of our tents and you can view the rest here http://www. tentingtalk. co. uk/topic/30-list-your-tent-collection/

DSCF2135.jpg

DSCF6137.jpg

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Our trailer tent was 7. 5 metres x 4 metres wide + the a frame.

Is that big enough for you?

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Woodie106, on 25 Jul 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

I wish I hadn't bothered. Of course they were on holiday but noisy. That's it. It was in my first post. No other circumstances. They were noisy. End of. We moved. No problem. Thanks for your input.

Thought this was caravan talk. Soz

The only thing I can say is that I try not to book sites that allow tents on - that's all. ...... :)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

put a tent and a caravan next to each other for a week with no occupants in either and there will be no trouble . ... so its the people in them that are the problem and theres good and bad in both type of units.

Caravans because of there cost are generally a thing that you purchase later in life and are often an upgrade for people that have camped so often kids are older or dont go anymore.

Tents are often a affordable way of parents giving there children more holidays that they might not be ortherwise able to afford,

I think these children will benifit greatly from these experiences later in life.

Its also possible that they may be enjoying their camping experience more than us in our tin tents ;)

Paul

p. s it is only my opinion :P

Vw Passat V6 4 Motion
2009 Compass Corona Club 544

Oh dear, some people are miserable. Tenters and Bikers are not BAD people any more than caravanners. Enjoying a holiday with friends and having a drink and a laugh is not BAD behaviour (within the rules of coarse) If you want a holiday in silence why not go to a Library, or a Monastery. A camp site is a communal place.

Ern

Oh dear, some people are miserable. Tenters and Bikers are not BAD people any more than caravanners. Enjoying a holiday with friends and having a drink and a laugh is not BAD behaviour (within the rules of coarse) If you want a holiday in silence why not go to a Library, or a Monastery. A camp site is a communal place.

Look at my interests. Motorcycles. I have one.

Look at my interests. Motorcycles. I have one.

and your dog. ... big thumbs up from me :D

paul

Vw Passat V6 4 Motion
2009 Compass Corona Club 544

The big problem with tents is that all other people on the site can hear every word that's said especially if the weather is inclement and a few bottles are being consumed inside, and the occupants seem oblivious to the amount of noise they are making, I am all for having a good time while away but there is a time to pack up and shut up,

Rod.

But this isn't a problem if you are in a perfectly insulated caravan, surely only an issue for other tenters?

The only thing I can say is that I try not to book sites that allow tents on - that's all. ...... :)

Then you are missing out on the best sites.

Then you are missing out on the best sites.

Yes, probably :)

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.