Poole Harbour

Hi could any one tell me if it is possible to park over night on poole harbour am leaving

early monday so would like arrive sunday night many thanks in advance.

freddie o :D

You certainly could last year when we did that self same thing!!

HTH,

G.

But it could of changed with the extra sailings and more traffic leaving .

Poolebob might be able to give some information what its like now .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I parked O/nght there last month before departure and on return no problems or charge.

knarf

Watch out for invalid scooters :o

My sister lives there :rolleyes:

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

If you look at the Brittany Ferries info on facilities at Poole Harbour there is a number to ring. We stayed overnight at the end of May in one of the loading lanes along with about 20-30 camping cars and caravans. We were charged £5 for the shower & toilet facilities and we had the best bacon rolls & coffee I've had outside of home. Well recommended.

Sometimes I sit and think. Sometimes I sit and listen. Sometimes I sit and watch. Most times I just sit.

• 3 years later...

Hi folks

We are going through Poole later in the month and will be arriving with van early hours.

I've phoned and confirmed we can still overnight there.

I've looked it up on street view and Google maps, once you turn right at the roundabout and go past the little bollard office in the middle of the road, where do we park up?

Will be arriving around 2am. Are the two buildings I can see on satellite images the cafe and loo?

Thanks.

Hi folks

We are going through Poole later in the month and will be arriving with van early hours.

I've phoned and confirmed we can still overnight there.

I've looked it up on street view and Google maps, once you turn right at the roundabout and go past the little bollard office in the middle of the road, where do we park up?

Will be arriving around 2am. Are the two buildings I can see on satellite images the cafe and loo?

Thanks.

I always just park up in the check in lanes as do most others.

knarf

knarf

Are the check in lanes obvious are they the ones on the left as you go past the bollard in the middle of the road that separates Brittany and Condor traffic?

Thanks.

knarf

Are the check in lanes obvious are they the ones on the left as you go past the bollard in the middle of the road that separates Brittany and Condor traffic?

Thanks.

I only as it will be pitch black when we arrive.

Yes you can there is an area set out but the café, you get a £5 ticket which you pay in the café. I was there last week and asked because we too are going out soon.

Thanks.

Thanks.

I only as it will be pitch black when we arrive.

Yes, you'll probably find quite a few already there if you arrive late.

knarf

Yes you can there is an area set out but the café, you get a £5 ticket which you pay in the café. I was there last week and asked because we too are going out soon.

The area by the cafe is sometimes occupied by traffic for Condor if there is a sailing next day.

I have never had a ticket and never paid.

knarf

I shall be one of those overnighting 16th into 17th.

Poole is only about 20 miles from home but it's just easier to drive up the evening before rather than having to get up at "silly o'clock" in order to be sure of arriving in time for check in. Plus of course it means I start my (6 week) trip a night earlier!!

The cafe does REALLY good bacon butties!!

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

I shall be one of those overnighting 16th into 17th.

Poole is only about 20 miles from home but it's just easier to drive up the evening before rather than having to get up at "silly o'clock" in order to be sure of arriving in time for check in. Plus of course it means I start my (6 week) trip a night earlier!!

The cafe does REALLY good bacon butties!!

Andy

I was there the other day and the bacon butties can only be described as inedible !

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

I was there the other day and the bacon butties can only be described as inedible !

Maisiedad (post #6) enjoyed the fayre on offer as I have done. Could be down to personal taste perhaps? Or a different staff member, or of course perhaps they simply cocked yours up!!

It's still a very handy facility being allowed to park up overnight for the mornings sailing. Like Karf I have never been asked for payment but have no problem with coughing up a fiver for the ease of being on site for early check in.

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Maisiedad (post #6) enjoyed the fayre on offer as I have done. Could be down to personal taste perhaps? Or a different staff member, or of course perhaps they simply cocked yours up!!

It's still a very handy facility being allowed to park up overnight for the mornings sailing. Like Karf I have never been asked for payment but have no problem with coughing up a fiver for the ease of being on site for early check in.

Andy

Andy, I think the staff!

This year was the first time we have seen the cafe open on our travels through Poole, and also the first time we got charged! Still an excellent facility though!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Thanks all.

We are overnighting for the same reason really, we live 2 hours away but by the time I got the van hitched up, kids packed up and hit the road I'd have to get up at 3 ish.

This way we leave late a night have an unrushed steady journey hopefully stress free.

Not looking forward to 4 ½ hours of keeping kids entertained though!