Contacting Kampa Ref Air Awning!

Deanohugheso

Hi all I am trying to get in contact with kampa, I have a rally air 260 and had nothing but problems with it. I narrowed the leak down to the middle pole, I have since had to change the pole myself and now the leak continues! Getting really frustrated. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be great full. Also I have tried messaging kampamax but had no reply so don't know how frequent he uses this site.

Many thanks in advance

Deano

Kampa Max looks in on regular basis. ..if you PM him and he is away you get a message to that effect. ....

Otherwise their Customer Relations people can be contacted by phone. .....unlike some other suppliers.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Hi all I am trying to get in contact with kampa. ..

Yell. com lists a number for them.

Tony

Don't forget, your contract is with the supplier of the goods and not the manufacturer.

Any assistance offered by the manufacturer outside of this is purely on a voluntary basis, they have no legal obligation to deal directly with you.

Hi all I am trying to get in contact with kampa, I have a rally air 260 and had nothing but problems with it. I narrowed the leak down to the middle pole, I have since had to change the pole myself and now the leak continues! Getting really frustrated. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be great full. Also I have tried messaging kampamax but had no reply so don't know how frequent he uses this site.

Many thanks in advance

Deano

Speaking from experience max has always been very good at responding to pm's, he may be on holiday - tis the season.

I've had no problems with leaks on our pro but I read a thread a while ago when they first came out and the problem was being caused by the valve and not the tube itself. I suppose that's why they come with a spare valve.

However, in this case it was where the pipe joined into the valve - the grey plastic air pipe was not seating properly in the screw fitting and causing a slow leak - a bit similar to when someone has carelessly shoved a garden hose pipe into a HoseLock fitting and one of the lugs gets pushed in instead of seating around the hose.

As you've identified which section it is, have you actually unscrewed the valve fitting and checked the fit of the air pipes on both sides? Worth a look anyway.

Granted you shouldn't have to given the cost of them but once you've got it sorted it will such a joy to use you'll forget all about it!

Wish you luck

This is my experience

Stay away is what I would say.

Be prepared this is long

Bought our Kampa Air 390 August last year, used it for the first time in September was happy with it no problems at all, coped well in the wind and rain. Dried it packed it away until this year. Got to the site in April pumped it up, went down during the night (pump also broke so had to patch that as well at 2am in the wind and rain), pumped it up again isolated all the tubes, found one of the cross tubes was going down contacted Kampa and in fairness sent out a replacement tube. Took me a couple of days to track it down though as they sent it to a different site than the one I had given them the address to. Fitted it and all was great for the rest of my fortnight. Any way back away for another fortnight in June. Out of the bag started pumping nothing was happening apart from a loud hiss from one the valves on the front. Found out tube going into valve had split. Out comes tool kit had to cut it shorter and replaced the valve. So proceeded to pump it up again. Started pegging it and noticed one side collapsing so back to pumping again and isolating valves. This time the crosspiece that was replaced was leaking again and now the other side had joined it in leaking and to add insult one of the large upright tubes was also leaking. No option but to take it down. Contacted Kampa was told to return it to where I had purchased it from. As I was only on my first day of my hols I had to purchase another awning as we own 3 dogs and the caravan and 3 dogs at night is a bit crowded.

I have been informed this morning by the shop (not Kampa despite emailing them on Tuesday to ask what was happening which they did not reply) that it is now there waiting to be picked up and all the tubes/valves have been replaced. Have sent them another email waiting for that reply( I only sent it this morning though).

So if anybody still wants to buy one I have a 390 with all new replacement parts that I am sure I could be persuaded to part with it, at a reasonable price. Based in South Wales

I'd like to contribute my own experience. Bought our 'as new' Rally Air 390 with the caravan via private sale so no recourse via a dealer. Had a problem with leaks so, frustrated at lack of a contact number on their website I PM'd Kampa Max (who has been on hols btw) and lo and behold we now have a full set of replacement tubes. There may be issues with the fragility of the tubes but their customer service is fantastic.

I'd like to contribute my own experience. Bought our 'as new' Rally Air 390 with the caravan via private sale so no recourse via a dealer. Had a problem with leaks so, frustrated at lack of a contact number on their website I PM'd Kampa Max (who has been on hols btw) and lo and behold we now have a full set of replacement tubes. There may be issues with the fragility of the tubes but their customer service is fantastic.

I got to agree with you apart from the last email their service is first class, they have replaced all the valves and tubes etc, but as you can appreciate I have just got no confidence anymore in the product. I would not say it spoilt our breaks but more of an inconvenience and having to spend more money on another awning. Thinking about it we did entertain a few other caravaners with our antics trying to blow it up

Edited by loadsa

Thank you all for your replies. I am sure I will sort the problem I think I have found the problem and it's one of the washers on the connecting tubes. The rest of the awning is sound so when we pack up tomorrow I will change the washer.

As many have guessed, I am out of office a lot at the moment for photography of our 2015 products as we will begin showing our retailers these products from the end of August.

If the tubes have been replaced you should never experience the same issue again, which I am very sorry to hear a couple of you have had.

I'd go as far as saying that if you were to ever get the same issue again I'd buy the awning off you! ;)

I will check the forums when I can, however I will be out of office sporadically for the next few weeks and would appreciate any help other users can offer during this time. This is one of the busiest times of year for myself and many of my colleagues.

Kind Regards,

Kampa Max

Well that offer of help has made up my mind as to which make to purchase. I wil be looking for a 390 shortly.

David.

I know this is no help to you but we thought long and hard about our purchase of a new lightweight awning. In fact we have the Rally 390 caravan porch arriving tomorrow; we have the van in the back garden and will carry out a test run away from giggly spies.

We almost went for the air but glad of our final choice. There is a lot of positive feedback on sites but my experience with rubber rings, inflatable pools and airbeds told me no.

I know this is no help to you but we thought long and hard about our purchase of a new lightweight awning. In fact we have the Rally 390 caravan porch arriving tomorrow; we have the van in the back garden and will carry out a test run away from giggly spies.

Hope you have a good time with your new awning purchase. :)

We bought a Rally Air Pro 390 a few weeks ago and enjoyed a great week in Cornwall with it. It replaced a Kampa Carnival 1000, and I can safely say it was a lot easier and quicker to put up (particularly with silicon spray in the awning rail)... put it this way, it was the first trip where the divorce lawyer wasn't on speed dial.

Couple of problems though which I'd be grateful for Kampa Max or indeed anyone's help with:

(1) for extra stability, I bought the Kampa Universal Tie Down kit, assuming "universal" meant exactly that, particularly for a fellow Kampa product, but yet the buckles are a different size to those on the Air Pro 390 - what should I be exchanging it for as the Kampa website doesn't say? It led to a rather terrifying, sleepless night during the storms earlier this month as we only discovered the mismatch on site as the wind started to pick up. . though I can endorse a related product in that the rear upright poles surely saved the awning from being ripped to shreds that night. . albeit they're a bit bent now :-(

(2) I bought the awning organiser for the AccessoryTrack and it works perfectly (no more ankle fractures from small persons' shoes being left on awning floor) but I also bought the awning hanging rail and jack hanger and the two appear to be incompatible with the AccessoryTrack? I can't see any way of attaching them; the hanging rail appears to be only designed to attach between two vertical poles, of which the Air Pro 390 obviously has none (bar the ones avoiding us reenacting the farmhouse scene from the Wizard of Oz, but they're too far apart. .. and bent)

Any advice gratefully received!

Many thanks.

Frazzled father of two Minion-Ewok hybrids; driver of Santa Fe 2011 Premium 7 seat; refuge-taker in Adria Sportline DT 2014

We bought a Rally Air Pro 390 a few weeks ago and enjoyed a great week in Cornwall with it. It replaced a Kampa Carnival 1000, and I can safely say it was a lot easier and quicker to put up (particularly with silicon spray in the awning rail)... put it this way, it was the first trip where the divorce lawyer wasn't on speed dial.

Couple of problems though which I'd be grateful for Kampa Max or indeed anyone's help with:

(1) for extra stability, I bought the Kampa Universal Tie Down kit, assuming "universal" meant exactly that, particularly for a fellow Kampa product, but yet the buckles are a different size to those on the Air Pro 390 - what should I be exchanging it for as the Kampa website doesn't say? It led to a rather terrifying, sleepless night during the storms earlier this month as we only discovered the mismatch on site as the wind started to pick up. . though I can endorse a related product in that the rear upright poles surely saved the awning from being ripped to shreds that night. . albeit they're a bit bent now :-(

(2) I bought the awning organiser for the AccessoryTrack and it works perfectly (no more ankle fractures from small persons' shoes being left on awning floor) but I also bought the awning hanging rail and jack hanger and the two appear to be incompatible with the AccessoryTrack? I can't see any way of attaching them; the hanging rail appears to be only designed to attach between two vertical poles, of which the Air Pro 390 obviously has none (bar the ones avoiding us reenacting the farmhouse scene from the Wizard of Oz, but they're too far apart. .. and bent)

Many thanks.

Hi, I also have a Rally Air 390 Pro & also have the storm kit, this is the link to the one I have: http://www. waudbys. co. uk/products/details/23880. html?adid=10735&aditem=23880&dyadid=11090

I'm wondering if the one you have is for the non Air Awnings, similarly the hanging rail bits again might be for the non Air versionsthat have metal rails inside. Was your awning water tight? We've had a few problems with water coming in thru' the top of the front windows, dealer has sprayed sealer on it, hope it will be OK now?

http://www. waudbys. co. uk/images/shop/more/291x537_1296220098stormstraps. jpg

Hi

The universal tie down kits are aimed more at the conventional type of awning, as the gentleman has correctly stated above there is the one storm strap (CE740356) is the part number

Hope that helps

Thanks Hairyspinner and terrierbite, very helpful. Think I've now ordered the right tie-down for thely models - got it for £14 and free p&p (exchanging would have cost more in return postage and upgrade; will put on ebay instead). Art the hanging rail, Towsure not replied helpfully yet - this is what I bought: http://www. towsure. com/product/KAMPA_RALLY_PROCLUBPLUS_HANGING_RAIL, but this is what I think I need: http://www. kampa. co. uk/awning-accessories/awning-hanging-rail. Hopefully they'll sort me out.

Touch wood/air, didn't have any problems with leaks during the storms; more of a problem with condensation masquerading as a leak, but roof lining has pretty much sorted that thankfully, and is good at keeping awning bit cooler during sunny days and warmer in cooler evenings.

Frazzled father of two Minion-Ewok hybrids; driver of Santa Fe 2011 Premium 7 seat; refuge-taker in Adria Sportline DT 2014

We assumed the hanging rail we had in our 330 (with poles) would be usable in our air awning, sadly not.

So today I made it fit.

The end that fits closest to the awning just clips onto one oh the black circular rings, (I know it's not meant to but it fits) the other end was the problem, so I took the plastic clip off and replaced it with a small carabiner clip.

Jobs a good un.

Edited by KimmyandGinge
Hyundai Santa Fe 2. 2 Premium Auto 2010 - Sterling Eccles Moonstone 2005 - Kampa Ace Air 300 2016

Many thanks.

Hi ATeamVan,

Other members have already answered this, however I will just clarify myself.

1) The universal tie down kit is suited for larger conventional awnings not the Rally awnings unfortunately, as you have discovered. The Tie down kit you are after is the Rally Storm Tie Down kit.

2) The hanging rail you purchased is not suitable for AIR awnings unfortunately. The one you are after is specifically to suit the Accessory Track that you can find on your awning.

Kind Regards,

Kampa Max

Well that offer of help has made up my mind as to which make to purchase. I wil be looking for a 390 shortly.

David.

Have one for sale if you are interested all new tubes not used since