Can't Find Vin Number Plate And Weight Plate.

phill morgan

Hi. I'm new to caravaning and have just been given my mum's van but there's a problem,I can't find the silver and black tag that has the wheight on or the vin plate. the only things I have found are a 10 digit number on the windows,and on the tow eye there's loads of numbers with 1600kg and 1600kg stamped on it. The caravan. itself is swift challenger 430 4/s unsure of the year but I'd guess it's around the 90's. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The number etched on the indies is the VIN number but it should be 17 digits on the CRiS system. For information on how to decode see this

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/caravan-finance/buying/CRiS-explained

If it does not have a 17 digit number then it is pre 1992.

Another clue is whether it has high level front/rear side lights on the side near the back. These were introduced around the same time.

Brian

hi brian. thank you for your reply, ive spent most of today trying to find the van on the internet and have found the caravan but its just a 430, not the 430/4s. is there any difference between the two models?the weight i found is. .....

• Mass in Running Order weight: 775 kgs or 15. 2553049093 cwt / hundred weight

Maximum allowable weight is: 1060 kgs or 20. 865320263 cwt / hundred weight

will this be the same for my van?

thanks for your help

phill