Chenille Fly Curtain?

gumdrop

We have just had a few days away, a lovely little CL, however someone told the Horseflys :angry:

These clever little devils fly gently around you until you aren't looking then they nip in, slash, and drink your blood!

It is actually only the female that does the deed as she needs a meal of blood to enable her to develop and lay her eggs.

A flywhisk will keep them at bay, but did I say they were clever, they will get you. I use Neem Tree

from http://www. bitefree. co. uk/ and they will find the bit you missed.

Anyhoo, I don't have a door flyscreen and after seeing the expensive sliding doors damaged by being walked through I thought one of those chenille fly curtains would be nice but I want one as

cheap as can be (but still top quality of course :D ) the Dutch caravanners seem to favour them.

So where is the best price? Towsure did them for £10 not long ago.

You don't see many small horseflys :blink:

and their bites aren't small :(

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

We have one like this on our door and much prefer to the sliding screens which are noisy and often left open by kids and indeed can be damaged easily

Also once cut to correct shape and sewn edges can be used with our half door open

Afixed with extra stronng velcro all way round edge inside and now on its second season all for less than a tenner

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Never heard of them before so i had a Google, how do they work ? they appear to have big gaps in them. Nearly £20 now. These look a good alternative.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Magic-Magnetic-Door-Curtains-Mesh-Bug-Insect-Mosquito-Fly-Screen-Hands-Fastening-/380851602532?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Curtains_Blinds_Curtains_EH&var=&hash=item58ac864464

Edited by ulstergirl

Never heard of them before so i had a Google, how do they work ? they appear to have big gaps in them. Nearly £20 now. These look a good alternative.

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Magic-Magnetic-Door-Curtains-Mesh-Bug-Insect-Mosquito-Fly-Screen-Hands-Fastening-/380851602532?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Curtains_Blinds_Curtains_EH&var=&hash=item58ac864464

I think the JML Snap Screen is the better buy, I tried the cheaper curtains on

a cabin we used to stay at and they did not last the fortnight.

I think the JML Snap Screen is the better buy, I tried the cheaper curtains on

a cabin we used to stay at and they did not last the fortnight.

Agreed - we had a cheap Aldi one they do each year (about £3. 99 from memory) and that didn't last

On our second year with ours and it just works!

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

. ........ I thought one of those chenille fly curtains would be nice but I want one as cheap as can be (but still top quality of course :D ) the Dutch caravanners seem to favour them.

So where is the best price? Towsure did them for £10 not long ago.

Beware, the cheap versions have very flimsy construction. The dearer versions have much thicker material for the hairy bits.

I am still using some bought in France for about £20 about 10 years ago, one on the 'van and one on the kitchen door.

BTW chenille is French for caterpillar hence the name. ..........

I had a close up look at the chenille curtains, £20+

no gaps, but the flies did like to linger. But then they

were all over the sunny side of all the caravans.

We have a chenille one and think it is great, much easier than flyscreen. I havn't seen one for less than £20. 00

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

We have a chenille one and think it is great, much easier than flyscreen. I havn't seen one for less than £20. 00

We've had one for years. Wouldn't be without it ! I had to do a bit of jiggery pokey to get it to fit above the door way though. I used a couple of small picture hooks - the ones with 3 small pins, and an adjustable aluminium net curtain hanger poked through the top. Still going strong and certainly keeps out the insects.

To adjust the length of the 'cartepillars' so that they swung free I just tied knots in the bottom. All very easy.

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

P. S to my original post we fasten ours up with a spring loaded net curtain rod. There are two rings at the top of mine that the rod slides through. I cannot remember whether they were there when I bought it or I added them later.

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

To adjust the length of the 'cartepillars' so that they swung free I just tied knots in the bottom. All very easy.

Or 'caterpillars' even ! :rolleyes:

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.