Caravan Accessories Survey - Help Needed!

heccy

Hello fellow vanners. .. I'm Kelly and I run a small business selling handmade cushions, quilts, home accessories and gifts. I'm doing some market research to see if people would buy caravan-themed products (such as mugs, tea towels and cushions) as well as bespoke, custom-made duvet and pillowcase sets, and I need your help.

I've created a very quick online survey https://www. surveymonkey. com/s/QZTF9MS - everyone who takes part will be entered into a prize draw, with one of my caravan print cushions and a prototype bedding set up for grabs.

I'd be really grateful to anyone who can take a minute to do this survey - thank you very much!

Done! :)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

You have candles on your list, these would be a fire hazard,

in the close confines of a caravan.

Hello fellow vanners. .. I'm Kelly and I run a small business selling handmade cushions, quilts, home accessories and gifts. I'm doing some market research to see if people would buy caravan-themed products (such as mugs, tea towels and cushions) as well as bespoke, custom-made duvet and pillowcase sets, and I need your help.

I've created a very quick online survey https://www. surveymonkey. com/s/QZTF9MS - everyone who takes part will be entered into a prize draw, with one of my caravan print cushions and a prototype bedding set up for grabs.

I'd be really grateful to anyone who can take a minute to do this survey - thank you very much!

If you make pillows that do not go flat after using them a few times, we would be interested. Do you use hollow fibre or feathers in your pillows?

Nothing worse than buying a pillow that looks nice and firm, but after using it several times has gone as flat as a pancake and no amount of fluffing up will return it to its original shape. :angry:

BTW survey done, but although we bought for the caravan they were stuff off a supermarket shelf as a normal fitted double sheet fits onto our island bed as does the bedding so no need to buy custom made stuff. Not really interested in whether it has pretty pictures of caravans as long as it is functional and durable.

Edited by DeltaTIowner

in the close confines of a caravan

I have loads of Yankee Candles in our van, while yes the are dangerous not much more than at home. just have to be super careful.

in the close confines of a caravan.

Perhaps so, but we use loads of 'em. :)

Thank you all for taking the time to do the survey - much appreciated.

Good point on the pillows - must admit I prefer feather pillows but have found that latex ones are best for bedding.

Really appreciate your feedback - thank you!

If you make pillows that do not go flat after using them a few times, we would be interested. Do you use hollow fibre or feathers in your pillows?

Nothing worse than buying a pillow that looks nice and firm, but after using it several times has gone as flat as a pancake and no amount of fluffing up will return it to its original shape. :angry:

BTW survey done, but although we bought for the caravan they were stuff off a supermarket shelf as a normal fitted double sheet fits onto our island bed as does the bedding so no need to buy custom made stuff. Not really interested in whether it has pretty pictures of caravans as long as it is functional and durable.

Ditto

Thank you all for taking the time to do the survey - much appreciated.

Good point on the pillows - must admit I prefer feather pillows but have found that latex ones are best for bedding.

Really appreciate your feedback - thank you!

I use a latex pillow at home but would not take one with me in the caravan as they are rather heavy in comparison.

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of you have taken my survey - thank you so much. Really appreciate your feedback : )

I have done the survey but I am not sure what useful information you would gain and I do not think my answers will help you gauge perspective business.

Best of luck to you

macafee2

Its nice to see someone else who makes covers etc for caravans, my wife seems to be making cushion covers and throws all the time :rolleyes:

She knits cushion covers in loads of patterns and styles of knit and she's always crocheting bedspreads and seat throws and she does it while watching telly or having a conversation.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Coincidentally, I was talking to my wife about this sort of thing the other day. When we are in caravan accessory shops or at shows, all we see are the same beige and brown items that have been for sale for years. There must be a market for an enterprising soul like yourself to take advantage of. It won't be a huge market because it would be hard to compete with Tesco, Matalan etc, but if the right sort of outlets were found then quality items should be popular.

Good luck.

Shug

Completed. Good Luck

Discovery 4 & Lunar Clubman SB.         Sailing close to the wind

Done, good luck with your venture, I would suggest County shows, Regional and National meets and Caravan/Motorhome shows would be the ideal showcase for your wares.

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Just done your survey.

I think it's a great idea. We've been caravanning too since 2010 and love all things that are caravan.

My wife bought me some egg cup holders in the shape of a caravan but sadly the bit where you put the egg in is not deep enough. All I will say is if you do make something bespoke, just make sure it's fit for purpose and works properly. I certainly don't mind spending a bit more on something that's quirky, unique and does the job.

Good luck with your idea, I wish I was as creative as you seem to be!

Get a web site and promote on the internet as well as shows etc.

Jon

Edited by judsley

Nissan X-Trail, Swift Challenger 540 (2010)

good luck hope to see your goods soon

Wow! Thank you - some really positive and supportive comments here! Thanks again for the feedback : )

Done :)

PAUL, 2005 Mitsubishi Shogun Warrior 2. 5TD, Towing A 2005 Bailey Pageant Provence .

Done

Paul

2009 2. 5 Kia Sorento
2012 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Done

Knaus sudwind 500 TL C4 grand Picasso 2. 0 hdi 138 EGS Exclusive

Done.

My first school was in Sixpenny Handley - is that where your business name came from?

Question 5 (I think) re price was difficult to answer as at the moment we use sleeping bags but would be interested in bespoke sheets (and possibly pillow cases) where as those with fixed beds, especially with cut of corners might be interested in bespoke duvets/duvet covers. And those would be completely different price ranges.

Good luck with your business venture.

Hi Milliedog- yep Sixpenny Handley is where I live (at the moment!). Thanks for the feedback - really helpful : )

Hi Milliedog- yep Sixpenny Handley is where I live (at the moment!). Thanks for the feedback - really helpful : )

We lived in a village called Chettle, but my parents (and me!) left Dorset in 1963. Still love the county.

Hi Done,

Whilst we have a fixed bed with the corner cut off my daughter uses that and my wife and I sleep on the make up bed at the front as it folds out to a king size which is great and I am an over 6 feet tall 16 stone ex semi pro rugby player. .. my wife appreciates the extra space. We looked for a sheet for the mattress cover and found a company that makes one like a sleeve enclosed by a zip. Unfortunately they only did up to double size so if you are planning on doing anything like we will be in the market for a high thread count cotton one.