Freelander 2

speedykwack

Hi all,got myself a freelander 2 a couple of weeks ago,and we are setting of on Saturday for a two week

Break with the van,not had a chance to try the car/van together yet so it's all systems go on Saturday

The manual says 32 psi for the tyre pressures,does that sound about right ???

toyota rav4 t180

2010 elddis avante 540

The tyre pressure are shown in the drivers door pillar plate. They are the same towing as for normal driving. No difference from part-laden to fully laden or towing for the FL2.

From memory 32 sounds right, but do check the plate to be sure.

If you haven't yet, do join the freel2 forum as they are a pretty good, knowledgable, bunch (and even Chicken George is harmless if you take his ant-caravan comments with a big pinch of salt).

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

The tyre pressure are shown in the drivers door pillar plate. They are the same towing as for normal driving. No difference from part-laden to fully laden or towing for the FL2.

From memory 32 sounds right, but do check the plate to be sure.

If you haven't yet, do join the freel2 forum as they are a pretty good, knowledgable, bunch (and even Chicken George is harmless if you take his ant-caravan comments with a big pinch of salt).

Ah! . ......... You know him then!? ;)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Checked the plate, 32 it is then,thanks

toyota rav4 t180

2010 elddis avante 540

That's strange. ..neither my wife's car, my car nor my previous car are not registered on that database?

I have found that the cars have generally got to be under ten years old. .. I don't know if that would affect your vehicle? Most I have tried have been on it though.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

That's strange. ..neither my wife's car, my car nor my previous car are not registered on that database?

Nor my car, nor the wife's. ..

And both are under 10 years old.

Edited by TonyJover

That's strange. ..neither my wife's car, my car nor my previous car are registered on that database?

Mine are 2 - 5yrs old.

Edited by ericfield

I've put three different registrations numbers in the oldest being four years old, not one of them is in the database.

Think the OP would be better looking at the B Pillar as he has done so.

I'd rather trust the car makers plate than any database. .. not that it has data for my last 3 cars. ... 09 57 & 55 plates and all different brands.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

So much for technology! Lol

Mahatma Gandhi

32psi sound right but without dashing outside and looking at the door pillar (B-post) on my Freelander does it not depend on tyre size, if your on 19" tyres is it not a diffrtent psi to a 17" tyre?

Yes, different pressures depending on if you have 16" 17" 18" are 32psi all round and19" are 35psi all round.

One of the great thing about the FL2 is that you don't need to adjust pressure when towing - not on my SD4 anyway according to the handbook and it tows superbly - great car enjoy it!

I have found that the cars have generally got to be under ten years old. .. I don't know if that would affect your vehicle? Most I have tried have been on it though.

Did you test it Dreadly?

Doesn't work on my MY13 car either. :D

Did you test it Dreadly?

Doesn't work on my MY13 car either. :D

Hmmm, I have there iPhone app and it gets every tested vehicle under 10 years old! I just assumed the website would work!

I have contacted them and await a reply, it would appear the website is broken! The tyresafe iPhone/iPad app works just fine!

Edited by dreadly

Mahatma Gandhi

AppStore states 'Tyresafe not found'

Well what is going on? The world is coming to an end :o

I will have to see if they get back to me.

Mahatma Gandhi

Sorry but why would you ever look on a web site for a cars tyre pressures when its on a plate on the cars door in the case of the Freelander and most other cars. How many web site are wrong? try looking for headlight bulbs for a 13MY Freelander, most are wrong.