Quasar 554 Twin Single Bed Mattresses

Steamdrivenandy

Mrs SDA and I spent a sweltering half hour this morning looking over a 2013 554. It looked pristine and the fridge and various other things still had manufacturers tags and stickers affixed.

There were two clues to it having been used before. One was a round hole in the side of the plastic battery box, with two smaller holes either side. I confirmed with the salesperson that it would've been where the mover isolation switch was fitted.

The second clue was that virtually every line of quilting threading on the sides of both mattresses had broken and the threads were hanging down below the mattress. A quick pull would've had the whole lot unravelled. Other than that the mattresses looked fine and were very, very, very comfy.

Maybe now I've worked out why the previous owners told the salesman that the layout 'didn't work for them', maybe a fixed double might be a better bet ahem! :rolleyes:

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

Is the carpet worn between the two beds?? :ph34r::D

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Carpets all rolled up under the o/s bed and bound with duct tape, so we couldn't test the evidence :lol:

Our 2013 Quasar 544 double mattress had the same issues with broken threads. I submitted a warranty claim with he dealer, but also wrote to the manufactures Belfield and they sent a replacement out which had the same broken threads on the side quilting. When I contacted them again they sent out a mattress with no stitching on the side panel-problem solved! I found Belfields after sales and service excellent.

It's an odd problem, given that it's just that the quilting thread used just isn't strong enough for the job. I've heard of saving weight and saving money but the difference in using a decent thread would have an infinitesimal effect on both.