Prestige Caravans

cabhappy

Is there a make or makes of caravan that is/are considered prestige in the caravan world?

That's an open ended question! Carlight are considered as one make. But do you mean

modern or older non-existent caravans?

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Elddis were re badging some models as Carlights last I heard that does not make them prestige! :rolleyes:

Steve

2017 Dethleffs Globus I1 Motorhome.

Is there a make or makes of caravan that is/are considered prestige in the caravan world?

If you define prestige as expensive, then -Carlight (built by hand at Sleaford), Vanmaster and Inos are probably the three most expensive caravans.

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

I was thinking like Rolls Royce for cars, Halberg Rassey for sailing boats that sort of thing, something with a higher quality finish, i have a swift van and whilst I've no complaints there must be a mark thats more highly regarded than others.

I was thinking like Rolls Royce for cars, Halberg Rassey for sailing boats that sort of thing, something with a higher quality finish, i have a swift van and whilst I've no complaints there must be a mark thats more highly regarded than others.

They might be highly regarded but doesn't mean they are any better!! Remember it's a caravan not a Rolls Royce!

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

I am a little suspicious of Carlight at the moment, I pass the Brompton on Swale "depot" regularly and have twice called in for a look at the models, I'm not impressed by the ready to buy vans that are there, in fact they look like they've been built for a different part of our community. There also seems to be an increasing number of pre-built vans in the "depot". The place it's self does little to inspire confidence, sorry to say the same goes for the gentleman running the place. I may call in at the factory the next time I'm down that way see if that reboots my opinion. Is any body going to put me straight on these impressions.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room. B)

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.

Finnish Solifer and Swedish Kabe, Cabby and Polar are probably the best finished caravans and the prices reflect it :o .

in my opinion, that is exactly the status I would give to the three I have suggested but I would grade them (highest to lowest) Inos, Vanmaster, Carlight.

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel