Sign in to follow this  
rodneyarnold

New Member With Eterniti Caravan

Just purchased an Eterniti IB 4 and understand there is a forum and a Facebook forum but do not know how to get in to these. Would welcome assistance as a non forum and a non understanding Facebook member

To get onto Eterniti forum you a almost there. jusr click on forums at the top of the page and scroll down until you come to the brands of caravan and yours is threre.

Facebook google facebook and follow instructions when you are on their website.

OOPS wheres my manners, WELCOME to the forum.

Edited by zen

Welcome Rodney from a fellow IB4 owner.

Ian

Thanks all for the welcome, I am on Facebook but do not know how to get onto the Eterniti page.

I also am aware that an ex Eterniti employee Steve Brockley is carrying out improvements and repairs to Eterniti vans. does anyone have his contact details please?

I will move this to the Eterniti section where other E members can help.

Facebook - just search for Eterniti and the group will come up.

Rodneyarnold, I've messaged you about how to get you onto the facebook group.

I was a member of the Facebook Forum and enjoyed reading about the caravans which I saw earlier this year at the NEC and wanted to buy a used one.

There were some murmurings from some members about restricting the Forum to Eterniti owners only and then without any message from the group or any warning I discovered I had been kicked off.

Must admit to being disappointed with the treatment I got I didn't post anything rude or inflammatory and it will mean I won't ever buy one of them second hand if that's how they treat people.

From all the problems like delamination and badly fitted equipment along with incorrect and illegal weight plates the owners were reporting it would be enough to put most people buying one anyway which is probably why the are restricting the group.

Regards ex eternity forum member.

I was a member of the Facebook Forum and enjoyed reading about the caravans which I saw earlier this year at the NEC and wanted to buy a used one.

There were some murmurings from some members about restricting the Forum to Eterniti owners only and then without any message from the group or any warning I discovered I had been kicked off.

Must admit to being disappointed with the treatment I got I didn't post anything rude or inflammatory and it will mean I won't ever buy one of them second hand if that's how they treat people.

From all the problems like delamination and badly fitted equipment along with incorrect and illegal weight plates the owners were reporting it would be enough to put most people buying one anyway which is probably why the are restricting the group.

Regards ex eternity forum member.

As an admin on that facebook page, I find myself feeling extremely annoyed at this post! Over a period of a month to 6 weeks, time was spent trying to find out who everyone on the facebook page was. Everyone was sent a personal message, those who didn't respond then had a message on the page itself. 4 weeks after the first messages, those who hadn't responded were sent another personal message and again if they didn't respond another message was put up on the page. These messages were asking for their reason for being on the group. So, I am at a loss to know why you are saying that you were kicked off without any warning!

It is an 'owners page' mainly and many owners are posting are posting quite a few personnal details so it is a closed group for that reason only. People requesting to join are asked why, partly to give some protection to owners and more importantly, to help anyone joining to find the info they are looking for and also the right people to talk to.

Our van hasn't got any of the problems you have mentioned, so I will let others from the group reply to that part of your post.

Sorry you feel annoyed Jillp but I am being honest.

I did receive a message asking why I wanted to be a member of the group and replied to the message saying that I wanted to remain as I loved the caravans, enjoyed reading the posts and was interested in buying a used eterniti.

I didn't get any further messages after that and the next thing I knew I had been removed.

Regards Mark.

As an admin on that facebook page, I find myself feeling extremely annoyed at this post! Over a period of a month to 6 weeks, time was spent trying to find out who everyone on the facebook page was. Everyone was sent a personal message, those who didn't respond then had a message on the page itself. 4 weeks after the first messages, those who hadn't responded were sent another personal message and again if they didn't respond another message was put up on the page. These messages were asking for their reason for being on the group. So, I am at a loss to know why you are saying that you were kicked off without any warning!

It is an 'owners page' mainly and many owners are posting are posting quite a few personnal details so it is a closed group for that reason only. People requesting to join are asked why, partly to give some protection to owners and more importantly, to help anyone joining to find the info they are looking for and also the right people to talk to.

Our van hasn't got any of the problems you have mentioned, so I will let others from the group reply to that part of your post.

Just out of interest why remove anyone from your group who has shown interest in it by joining in the first place? I was very interested in an IB4 myself and was gutted when they went under, I would have been interested in hearing how people get on with their Eterniti's and could possible help with some aspects of them, closing ranks like this I personally feel is a very negative step.
  • Like 1

I am a member of the Eterniti facebook group and also an owner of an Eterniti IB4. I completly agree with Jill, the decision to make the group a closed one was also due to the numbers of applications to join and it was agreed that the remit of the group was for owners to discuss issues relating to their vans, and also those who had invested and lost deposits when the company ceased trading. There are still open forums such as this one where anyone can look at information relating to Eterniti caravans but it has been a cause of frustration in the past whereby incorrect information was posted here to the detriment of the van, with the person being neither an owner or seemingly having anything to do with Eterniti, some of which seemed genuinly pleased when the company folded giving making you wonder what their intentions were from the start. Fortunately this now seems a rarer occurance, but a number of arguments relating to this were had here on CT in the past. As you can see by this and a number of other posts, owners still post onto this site to join in discussions and answer questions. Closed groups always cause resentment as it may be seen that those included have a hidden agenda or something to hide, not true, but by also continuing to post on here i dont see the problem.

The facebook forum continues to help both owners and those with outstanding financial claims to regain monies from various sources and some of that is sensitive and not something that could or should be shared across an open forum. The group is open to owners to assist with issues relating to Eterniti vans as there is now no warrenty or after sales department, so it is down to us to work out problems as they arise and share that information amoungst other things. Those seriously interested in purchasing can apply to join and currently i am aware of 2 on the FB site looking to buy a van. They have access to all posts and are getting help and information from owners.

Delamination has occured on some vans but was engineered out in 2013 during production stage. Some owners who identified the problem had side replacements carried out as part of their warrenty, while those who did not get the work carried out before the company ceased trading are now either living with the issue or carrying out repairs using a variation of methods. Some are carrying this work out themselves while others have identified places to have this fixed. The construction of the side walls is very similar to industrial refrigeration trailers and so fixing them uses the same process.

The vans are not the lightest due to the specification, wiith some owners who had all optional extras fitted such as sat. dish, awning etc along with 4 wheel motor movers which significantly reduced payload. This has caused some who have the early 2013 vans to consider a chassis upgrade.

I have a 2014 IB4 and consider myseelf lucky to be an owner. I have no issues with delamination as this was engineered out in production in 2013 and also no leaks, weight issues or any other problems that have been identified as inherent on this forum. The van has again been used extensively this year and has been problem free.

Edited by Rob N Judith

Having followed comments and feed about being 'kicked off' the Eterniti owner's page by Schoe I would like to say that the administrators are right in trying to protect the private information that some owners share on the owner's site.

I don't understand the comment you made that you would not buy a second hand van because of your treatment by the owner's site. You come across as being petulant, was that your intention? Have I got the wrong impression of you? If I have it just goes to show you that you can't judge people by what you read and by your assumptions!

In all my 50-odd years of camping I've NEVER met such a lovely group of kind, friendly and helpful people. They share the joys of owning and using an absolutely FANTASTIC caravan but other forums don't appear to focus on the positives and do appear to 'feed' off being able to slate the product.

Happy Camping!!!

• Like 1

Good on the Eterniti community coming together to sort issues and maintain their vans in difficult circumstances (i. e no manufacturer support)

Thing is you are likely to be damned if you do and damned if you don;t so in my opinion you have to do what is right for your group of current owners as a priority and that sounds like what is happening.

Things often get lost on the written word as many posts on here show from both sides of owners and non owners

• Like 1

Having followed comments and feed about being 'kicked off' the Eterniti owner's page by Schoe I would like to say that the administrators are right in trying to protect the private information that some owners share on the owner's site.

I don't understand the comment you made that you would not buy a second hand van because of your treatment by the owner's site. You come across as being petulant, was that your intention? Have I got the wrong impression of you? If I have it just goes to show you that you can't judge people by what you read and by your assumptions!

In all my 50-odd years of camping I've NEVER met such a lovely group of kind, friendly and helpful people. They share the joys of owning and using an absolutely FANTASTIC caravan but other forums don't appear to focus on the positives and do appear to 'feed' off being able to slate the product.

Happy Camping!!!

I feel it was petulant kicking me off there was never any mention intially of needing to own an Eterniti caravan to be a member of the group and I was never rude or disrespectful in fact I really enjoyed reading about the caravans and the adventures the owners were having in them despite a few issues, in fact if I could have helped out in any way I certainly would have.

Water under the bridge anyway, i've made my point hopefully by the time I am ready to purchase a caravan a new Eterniti will have been manufactured by a different company and I can start my own Facebook Group and anybody will be able to join and won't be kicked off unless they are rude or disrespectful to other members.

I was very sorry that several people lost deposits the thing I did take out of the whole fiasco is to always pay a deposit by credit card and if they claim the credit card machines are broken as they did at the show tell them you will pay it later over the phone.

• Like 1

Schoe and nme2no1 as an Eterniti owner I can appreciate your disappointment at not being on the FB forum. But if you recall as the company went into administration the FB forum was set up with the main purpose of enabling people directly affected by the situation to discuss the events more easily and away from all the unhelpful comments that were being posted on CT. Initially it was an open forum which set up by an owner. It became apparent that as an open forum it was not going to provide the much needed help and support we needed from each other. We could have formed an owners club but that would not help the unfortunate few who were trying to claim deposits back, whereas making the FB forum a closed one kept everyone together. Unfortunately for those people who just wanted to browse comments and have no input towards the future of our vans they're obviously asked about their interests and why they wanted to be on the forum and so if you didn't have anything to constructively give to us as owners( ie the ones with the Eterniti caravans with no warranty or manufacturer to turn to with problems) then you were removed. I know that admin went to great lenghts to communicate with people over several weeks on this. So if you feel that we have been unreasonably then I feel that is you that perhaps is a little unreasonable in not appreciating the situation we all found ourselves in on the 28th. March this year. Lastly I cannot see the purpose of your ( Schoe) comment on CT Eterniti forum, for having been a member on here since Feb, which is considerably longer than you were on the FB one,this actually is your first post on this site about any caravan . .......and you wanted to help eterniti owners. .....dream on . ...we will !!!

• Like 2

Happy Camping!!!

Yes really friendly, kicked off a Facebook group for no reason then being abused for having the cheek to mention it.

Edited by schoe

Yes really friendly, kicked off a Facebook group for no reason then being abused for having the cheek to mention it.

Edited by schoe, Today, 10:20 PM.

Yes really friendly I must agree the Eterniti group is, but as I posted earlier the FB forum was set up initial as an open site for the sole purpose of support to those directly affected. As any other FB forum regardless of topic, ( for anybody can set one up to discuss whatever topic they fancy and allow who they like to be members ) they are set up to fulfil the needs of the person or people who initially instigated it. If once set up as an open forum the originator feels its losing its purpose then he has every right to move the goal posts to fit needs. Just because some people didn't fit the remit and were removed doesn't imply, in my opinion, that the member / administrators are un friendly vindictive people. It just shows that they are directing the forum in a direction that will be most beneficial to those it was originally set up for.

There are lots of forums on the internet that I'd like to be party to, for curiosities sake, but I don 't fit in their remit. ...so what. ... Its their prerogative and I 'm more than happy to live with that. So I still fail to see what is unreasonable about the decision of the Admin in you situation.

If you still feel passionate about being on an Eterniti forum, then there is absolutely nothing in this world that prevents you starting your own forum up, were you could allow whoever you thought fit to meet your own remit.

With that I wish all the best and bid you good night.

Edited by Fireball

Very surprised by the reaction on here to my posts, I feel like I've poked a hornets nest.

Thanks Fireball for your explanation I can now understand why the group is limited to owners of Eterniti caravans

Afterall you wouldn't want people(the public) to read about the owners detailing the very long list of faults with the van's would you as it may have a serious knock on effect of resale values.

From memory when I was on group these include

Doors that don't shut.

Alarms that activate for no reason.

Leaks through the roof that owners had to seal themselves.

Decal's peeling off and unable to be replaced due to delam.

One member having to have a completely new chassis fitted at massive expense due to an illegal chassis having been fitted.(and many of the other owners ignoring the problem

Many others have got wrong chassis fitted and incorrect weight plates.

Bed fitted in wrong position too low.

Sides bubbling with delam

The van's being so low that many were being damaged when they were put onto peoples drives.

Televisions not working as connected incorrectly.

Not to mention accusations by former workers at the factory that Management at Eterniti treated the staff and the construction of the vans as one big joke.

These are just some of the problems I remember from memory so Mr Fireball I won't need to set up my own Eterniti forum I've learnt enough to know that they have serious faults and design problems.

I will wait until there is a decent caravan to buy before parting with my hard earnt pension.

I bid you a good day.

Edited by schoe

Very surprised by the reaction on here to my posts, I feel like I've poked a hornets nest.

Thanks Fireball for your explanation I can now understand why the group is limited to owners of Eterniti caravans

Afterall you wouldn't want people(the public) to read about the owners detailing the very long list of faults with the van's would you as it may have a serious knock on effect of resale values.

From memory when I was on group these include

Doors that don't shut.

Alarms that activate for no reason.

Leaks through the roof that owners had to seal themselves.

Decal's peeling off and unable to be replaced due to delam.

One member having to have a completely new chassis fitted at massive expense due to an illegal chassis having been fitted.(and many of the other owners ignoring the problem

Many others have got wrong chassis fitted and incorrect weight plates.

Bed fitted in wrong position too low.

Sides bubbling with delam

The van's being so low that many were being damaged when they were put onto peoples drives.

Televisions not working as connected incorrectly.

Not to mention accusations by former workers at the factory that Management at Eterniti treated the staff and the construction of the vans as one big joke.

These are just some of the problems I remember from memory so Mr Fireball I won't need to set up my own Eterniti forum I've learnt enough to know that they have serious faults and design problems.

I will wait until there is a decent caravan to buy before parting with my hard earnt pension.

I bid you a good day.

Well Schoe I was sort of following your logic there until that last post. But then that was a childish Sort of comment that kind of made their point for them.

Did you used to take your ball home if they didn't let you play?

• Like 3

Good morning Schoe,

I fear that like so many posts on internet forums you have failed to see my point. The point being that people put up personal information on the forum in good faith that it wont be passed on out of the forum . By personal info I'm not referring to the list of problems some of the vans have come accross, that you have listed . As most people that have been on this site for the last two years have already heard all about them and the topics have been well scrutinised by those who wish.

The information that we are being protective of is more individual information about individual members. ......members who probably put to much faith in the security of a web site and openly post rather than private message. ..... These points are the ones of concern.

Which I may now conclude you have proved the point admirably. .... One must be extremely careful how much trust you put on web site security.

May I at this point thankyou for only divulging the info you have, and may I request that you dont print out more personal info that some members may have posted as I am sure being a reasonable person you wouldn't wish to have someone posting your car reg, address, where your going on holiday, who your bank loans are with. .....do I need to continue? Perhaps now you may appreciate the reason for closing ranks. Yes, you have been removed but knowing the questions I have been asked, you were give every possibility to explain your need to be on the site. Unfortunately just liking to read the posts isn't really a confidence booster for the unfortunate people in Admin who are sorting the wheat from the chaff.

For those peolpe who are genuine interested in the vans and are looking to buy then the site is there for their help and can advise, initially through the Administrateors and if things progress ultimately be admitted to the forum. Please don't be put off just because someone is not happy with the decision of the Admin. .......it is at the end of the day an "Eterniti Owners Forum"

Lastly, well for now anyway, i hope I have been sucessful in putting my point and the point of the Eternit owners forward in a way that all degrees of interlect can understand. My apologises in advance If I have still failed with my clarity.

• Like 2

Quick note to say that we've hidden some posts for abusive content. Whilst we don't mind healthy discussions we draw the line at crude insults.

I think it makes sense for the Eterniti owners to have their own private forum as there are many things post-closure that they will need to discuss, much of which may be private.

However, I hope all of you Eterniti members continue to use Caravan Talk to share what information can be made public, as we (well, most of us) have always been big fans of the Eterniti caravans and the company that made them.

• Like 3

Lastly, well for now anyway, i hope I have been sucessful in putting my point and the point of the Eternit owners forward in a way that all degrees of interlect can understand. My apologises in advance If I have still failed with my clarity.

I don't know if you intend it to come across that way but I find your responses patronising.(and quite funny that you can't spell intellect)

Towtug. Sorry I came across as childish I confess that is now how I feel after being subjected to unnecessary insults by members of the Eterniti group which Admin have now had to remove. (so anybody reading this thread now won't get the full picture) and from memory you are a member of that Eterniti group so your comment is hardly impartial.

BenF. Fully agree with your comments thank you.

Regards Schoe.

Edited by schoe

2 points, Schoe, a reply to my personal message would be helpful.

Secondly, if anyone does want to join the Eterniti facebook page, then on putting in a request to join, you firstly need to ensure that you can be messaged. I am noticing a fair few that aren't allowing that and so their request goes no further. If you can be messaged, then you are asked why you want to join. At this point, help and information is passed on because like most facebook pages, finding relevant info can be difficult. I also, can direct people as to who they need to speak to to get the info they are looking for. Also, if you appear not to have heard back, then check your 'other' messages. They don't appear in your notifications and on my phone, I don't see them at all, you need the webpage.

Nothing is being hidden, Eterniti caravan, like all others have issues and problems. Members do come on here and I've seen issues discussed freely here.

The Eterniti facebook is being kept closed for all reasons stated but it is not 'exclusive' just careful.

• Like 1