Sign in to follow this  
kiaboy

Review - Poole Farm Adults Only (CC-CL) Launceston

Poole Farm Adults Only (CC-CL) Launceston - Site review

th_1.jpg th_2.jpg

Date visited - June 2014
Unit - Car/Caravan
Price per night - £14. 00 incl

This is an “Adults Only” Caravan Club CL (members only) and recently CL of the year, it is located close to the Devon/Cornwall boarder and can be found after driving down a very narrow lane from the main road.

Do not use your sat nav to navigate to this site use the directions in the sites directory or from the owners due to an impassable bridge.

When we visited this site most of the road hedges had not been trimmed which made you more alert and on edge.

This site is approx ¾ acres each pitch is hard standing. Each pitch had its own water tap and EHU point. Facilities for re-cycling were available. Shower, toilet, and chemical empty point with water tap for flushing are contained in a very nice hut. If you intend to use your Aquaroll mains water adaptor, depending on the way you decide to pitch and depending which side your water inlet is, you may need an extension to the standard 7-metre pipe.

The site has a dedicated dog walk, which is also used by campers who sit and admire the views.

There is a B&B available in the farmhouse, but was not viewed during our stay, but would be ideal if you had non-caravanning friends who wanted to be with you.

Great care is needed when using the site approach road; it is very narrow and has no passing places, so the arrival “after 12. 00” really needs to be adhered too.

The owner’s work very hard to keep this site in a clean and enjoyable state and is a credit to them.

We would certainly recommend this site

• Like 1

We're booked up to go here and really looking forward to it :) did I see somewhere that the earliest arrival time is 2pm or has the 1 been missed off ;)

We're booked up to go here and really looking forward to it :) did I see somewhere that the earliest arrival time is 2pm or has the 1 been missed off ;)

When we booked we were told we could arrive after 12. 00, but the CC website does state after 2pm (not sure when that was changed). I would give David and Diane a call before you start your journey, Whilst we were there a couple arrived at 11. 30, I am pleased for him that no one else was leaving site with a van. As I have said in my report beware of the road down to the site from the main road, as there are no passing places and very narrow.

Hopefully the council will have cut the hedges back by now, which would help.

I hope you have a great time there.

Kiaboy - have you added your review to our UKCS Review section?

Then its there for ever.

Kiaboy - have you added your review to our UKCS Review section?

Then its there for ever.

Funny Ben suggested the same question regarding another review I made.

I thought it was?? (looking at the top of the page it shows the links as)

Please let me know if they are in the wrong section and if they are I will gladly add them

Not a ideal town if you are not upto climbing steep hills walking around the town

Dave

Tis confusing but at the top of the page, below the blue on the left, click on reviews and then UK Campsite reviews and it takes you to reviews by area and name etc. We are trying to build up a good database there.

This section is to discuss them and when you post in the other main section, then automatically a new post here is generated.

Thoroughly confused now ? :)

Thanks kiaboy, will check with them before we leave to make sure what time is best :)