Window Scratches And Mildew

TrevorM

During a pre trip clean up I found a couple of minor problems, some small scatches on a couple of the windows and some specks of mildew on the curtain linings. Neither are all that obvious. but I they irritate me no end. Can the window scatches be gently rubbed out with something, or are they best left alone?

The specks of mildew are on the bottom of the front cutains and can be seen from the outside, especially when looking at scratched windows ! Black spots have formed on the white cotton on the front of the folds, we use the blinds so the curtains are never drawn and we rarely open the front windows. Ideally, it be nice to get rid of spots, but I do not want the probem to spread. The curtains are labelled for dry clean only.

As I often seem to make things worse, has anyone any advice to offer ?

Many thanks, TrevorM

During a pre trip clean up I found a couple of minor problems, some small scatches on a couple of the windows and some specks of mildew on the curtain linings. Neither are all that obvious. but I they irritate me no end. Can the window scatches be gently rubbed out with something, or are they best left alone?

The specks of mildew are on the bottom of the front cutains and can be seen from the outside, especially when looking at scratched windows ! Black spots have formed on the white cotton on the front of the folds, we use the blinds so the curtains are never drawn and we rarely open the front windows. Ideally, it be nice to get rid of spots, but I do not want the probem to spread. The curtains are labelled for dry clean only.

As I often seem to make things worse, has anyone any advice to offer ?

Many thanks, TrevorM

Hi Trevor

FSDdirect Do a product for awning mildew( green and black ) and is anti bacterial. prevents regrowth for 6 months also removes bird dropins and tree sap web site :- www. fsddirect. co. uk

Hope this helps

Dave

Try T-Cut Scratch Remover - I used it to remove surface scratches from our Freelander spare wheel cover where the bikes had scuffed it up.

Their definition of a surface scratch. .. and this is what it says on the tube.

A surface scratch is determined by feeling no obstruction when passing a fingernail over the mark. If an obstruction is noticed it will be deeper than a surface scratch and T -Cut rapid can help only in improving the appearance of the scratch.

Hope this helps

Steve

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

Thanks everyone for your help.

The window scratch is now almost invisible after a gentle rub with toothpaste and Brasso ! You can still feel it with a thumb nail but I'll settle for that.

The mildewed curtains are now "dry cleaned" in the washer. The blacks spots are still there, but very faint and I would hope now quite dead. All ready to go and what weather ! France, here we come.

Chuffed TrevorM

Archived