Noseweights

barry c

HI Gang,

I'm still debating regarding changing my towcar, I keep looking round and am trying to find a site that will give details of the cars limit for NOSEWEIGHTS, the link to http://www. whattowcar. com/ is very good, but says nothing about noseweights.

I'm sure I've seen a link on the forum before, but cannot find it again? ( maybe it wasn't there in the first place :( )

cheers

Thanks Brian B)

sorry, noseweights not listed !

Yes they are - except they call it ball weight. Its the max noseweight that the vehicle can carry on the towball.

Note most caravans have a limit of 100Kg noseweight. Most cars are less than that but some 4x4's may be higher. You should work on whichever one is LOWEST. i. e. if the car limit is 75Kg, then thats your limit.

Brian

Yes they are - except they call it ball weight.

Most cars are less than that but some 4x4's may be higher. You should work on whichever one is LOWEST. i. e. if the car limit is 75Kg, then thats your limit.

Brian

Looked again at the link and the only weights given are vehicles kerb weight/85%/max tow weight, no mention of ballweight or noseweights, unless it's on another part if that site, but I cannot find it.

I know that you should not exceed the cars limit, which is why I'm looking to find info for various cars to shorten my list, but can't seem to find a list which includes noseweight.

Edited bit. ......... I knew I'd seen it somewhere, Caravan Club website, all noseweights listed in there (when I remembered where to look ! )

Edited by barry c

Having looked again there are some makes where the noseweight is not listed, but many are. Another option is to look at the manufactureres website.

Brian

Guest iancjc

Have a look at the witter towbar site

www. witter-towbars. co. uk

if you search for the model for your car it tells you the max in kg's.

hope this helps

Its amazing at times how awkward it is to find out (some) information !

All I wanted was a simple list which gave all weights including noseweights, some manufacturers sites had just about everything except noseweights, it would seem on others that it was there but had to be found.

I like one site with all makes, all models and all weights, including noseweight, ended up with caravan club info which gave full list of noseweights. ....

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/NR/rdonlyres/...iceofTowcar. pdf

and for all other details. ...

http://www. whattowcar. com/

so got them in favourites folder now ;)

all I need to decide now is which car :blink:

cheers

Edited bit. ......... I knew I'd seen it somewhere, Caravan Club website, all noseweights listed in there (when I remembered where to look ! )

Hi barry c,

Don't rely 100% on the Caravan Club list, they listed the nose weight on my last car, a 2002 Ford Maverick 3. 0l XLT Auto incorrectly.

Cheers

Steve

Jaguar E-Pace 180D HSE R Dynamic - 2008 Swift Conqueror 540

"Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan Talk"