Sign in to follow this  
dallavalle

Buccaneer Caravel Damp

purchased from new last year and just had first service . Amazed to have found damp readings in the 40s and 50s ? What shall I Do !!

It is under warranty I presume? If it is then it is the dealers responsibility to fix it, get on to them!

• Like 1

Nothing.

Get the warranty claim going, No, let your dealer get it sorted.

There's always the odd ones that have the problems and once sorted it should be as new.

If your dealer is worth his salt he should be on to this now, and reassuring you of the outcome.

• Like 1

Dealer's problem not yours. Get on to them

• Like 1

Unless you have a great dealer and/or the patience of a Saint be prepared for months to sort this :(

Alternatively download a sale of goods act letter and fire it off to dealer ASAP with a deadline for action. Been there so wish you all the luck and hope you get sorted with minimum stress!

• Like 1

This is my advice is this

When I had damp in may caravan I took it back and they sent it back to swift to be repaired, great.
The problem was this took many months.

I had the caravan back for about a week and did a test to find there was damp again. So it went back again and I informed them in writing that this need s to be sorted this time round or I will reject the caravan under the sales of good act.

Again they had the van for many months, it was about 14 months old and they had had the caravan for longer than I had. I returned to the dealer, and to be fair the dealer was very good, and before I left I did a damp test and found more damp. I gave him the keys and said the caravan is now yours I want my money back. They were not happy as you can imagine but in the end I got all my money back and a full £7000 on top.

And I am sorry because I know people hate to hear this, I bought a German caravan ad never looked back.
I then px it for another German van, my Hymer, funny thing is I bought this off the same owner but a different company that I had bought the swift.

Paul had not problem at all dealing with me because as he said I was right in the first place .

Inform them that they must get this right or you will be giving the ban back because I is not fit for purpose .

As a caravan community we really need to stand together against this problem and poor build quality.

I hope you get this sorted ASAP mate.

James

• Like 3

Now that's the way to go . a great post

Thank. s for all your replies. I am so pleased to have so much positive feedback from you guys. I am on to the dealer as I write.

Hi Dallavalle

Looking at your location, please don't say that your dealer begins with a 3. If it is best of luck.

Valley Commando you have guessed it in one!

I'm very sorry to hear that dallavalle. I bought my van off them just over a year ago, and have only just had it back after them having it for seven weeks.

They had it last November for five weeks, and it came back with more faults than it went in with. It's not just me that has had problems with them either, there are other posters on this forum that have had problems with them also.

One of the problems it went in with this time was the A frame was cracked. When I went to collect the van, I looked at it and thought that it didn't look right.

It wasn't, they hadn't fixed it on, it was just sat there. So if I hadn't noticed, a couple of miles up that dual carriageway towards the M4 and it probably would have blown off.

So I had to wait for them to fix it on correctly before I could leave, and this after them having it for seven weeks.

They also blame Elddis for everything, it's never their fault, they never inform you as to how things are progressing.

You have to chase them all the time. Four times I phoned them one week to find out how things were progressing, four times they promised to get back to me and they never did.

Fortunately I am free of them now, as I have been in discussion with Elddis, who I must say have been very good over this, and I can now take my van to Newport Caravans, who have agreed to take over the warranty.

They are an absolute joke, very good when your buying the van, but just hope nothing goes wrong with it.

I really wish you well with getting your problems sorted with them, and I mean that. I just hope you receive better aftersales than myself and the other posters on here have had from them, but excuse me for not holding my breath.

All the best, and let us know how you get on.

VC

Sorry what is the name of the company mate.

James

• Like 1

That's all I can say is the name starts with 3

Sorry can't say anymore, as I'm not allowed to name and shame. :angry:

Which is a shame, because the more people that know about these the better.

I speak from first hand experience and there are others on here who have suffered at the hands of them.

In fact they were on a programme called X-ray here in Wales, which is a regional programme very similar to Watchdog.

It certainly didn't paint a very good picture of them I can tell you.

We can now name bad companies mate as it need to benefit other caravaners and not hide the poor service of companies

it just need to be factual and in this case how can it be anything else as so many are naming them.

just me being a bit thick about the name

James

PS

i have a doozy about phantom but i will wait the courts finding, even if i lose the facts are the facts so people can decide if they wish to use them or not.

• Like 2

James I am sure googling "caravan dealers in south Wales" brings up the obvious answer very quickly for anyone it affects ;)

OP hope you get sorted

Got it 3A leisure

it is quite shocking that so many people are having such a bad time with them

does any one have anything good to say about them then

James

• Like 1

On the face of it, they seem quite impressive, and to be honest their salesmen, or at least the one I dealt with was very good.

It's if you have a problem with your van and have to take it back is when it all goes pear shaped.

Alarm bells started ringing when after 3 months, I hadn't received any documents from CRiS or Elddis. When we bought our last van, not from this dealer, within two weeks I had a letter off Elddis saying that the van was logged into their system and that I was the owner, and within days of that I received the CRiS documents.

I contacted both Elddis and CRiS after 3 months only to be told that our new van hadn't been registered with either of them, so I registered it myself with both parties and the relevant documents received within days. The dealer never even bothered.

I won't bore everyone with all the details about what has happened since, otherwise I'll be here all night, but let's just say I will never set foot on their premises ever again.

Whenever I took my van back to them, there would always be others dropping their vans off. So I would have a chat with them, not one of them had anything positive to say about them and they all said the same. "How they stay in business is a miracle".

Dallavalle, let me give you a bit of advice. Whenever you contact the dealer, just send a similar email to Elddis customer sevices, so that it is also logged their end.

I have to be honest, Elddis were very good whenever I had to contact them, and it is with their help that Newport Caravans will now take over the warranty on my van.

The reason I tell you to let Elddis know, is because the dealer was always telling me that it was Elddis's fault with this, Elddis haven't sent that, and the one they always use, "Elddis are taking an age to verify any warranty claims at the moment".

It's always everyone else's fault except theirs. Don't accept their excuses, and unfortunately you have to keep onto them, but don't let them fob you off.

• Like 3

. ...... The reason I tell you to let Elddis know, is because the dealer was always telling me that it was Elddis's fault with this, Elddis haven't sent that, and the one they always use, "Elddis are taking an age to verify any warranty claims at the moment".

It's always everyone else's fault except theirs. Don't accept their excuses, and unfortunately you have to keep onto them, but don't let them fob you off.

I have experienced similar excuses from another dealer - this is good advice :)