Insurance, How Much Do You Pay.

psc3239

Just wondering what people pay and with who, i've done a search and it seems that many reccomemd the CC but i've been qouted £530 for 16. 5k and £408 with MCIA with 2 years NCB, for a new Swift challenger 490. Is there anything like confused. com for caravans.

cheers Paul

Just wondering what people pay and with who, i've done a search and it seems that many reccomemd the CC but i've been qouted £530 for 16. 5k and £408 with MCIA with 2 years NCB, for a new Swift challenger 490. Is there anything like confused. com for caravans.

cheers Paul

Hi Paul

Just go onto the 'net and type in "Caravan Insurance". After weeding out the bumf you will probably find

some thing similar to a "One stop shop"-as you do for cars- and away you go! Good luck B)

NFU had claim in Dec 2003 but current van new for old just under £500 for 19K insured (twin axled van)

Can recommend this company ;);)

Edited by Road Runner

Just got my new 2006 van insured with the CC - again -- full no claims discount -- even though I had a multitude of claims last year.

New for old £14500 + £3000 for bits and pieces?? = £361 p/a = £31 p/m

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Had a quote from ParkHome @ £307, thats more like it :D i even tried the CC again and with 10% discount for an alarm it was still £460 :blink:

Edited by psc3239

The real cost is how quickly and how well they respond when you make a claim. All too often, a few quid saved at the outset can cause a great deal of regret when you try to get you unit back on the road. I'll stick to the CC even though they are, on the surface, slightly more expensive than some others.

The real cost is how quickly and how well they respond when you make a claim. All too often, a few quid

I have to agrre with you, I feel confident that if I have to claim then the CC will deal fairly with me. My 2006 Pastiche 470/2 is £30. 26 for £14,500 plus £500 bits and bobs. Most people don't realise that most of the items you take with you, apart from caravan specifics like awnings and aquarolls may be covered by their household policy. I have read on this and other forums about people getting cheap insurance, which is fine till a claim has to be made and then it can often turn into a nightmare. I didn't even think off ringing around when I changed my van.

If anyone is interested in what can happen if you use the cheapest insurance, there's a thread on 'another' caravan forum linked to a well-known magazine full of the woes of trying to claim. look for 'Freedom of Speech' if my memory serves me.

I went with NFU they gave me quite a good price not the cheapest but cheapest aint always best but they did seem to give better cover than some of the cheaper quotes i had been given, i think it was about £7500 worth of cover hope i never have to make a claim .