Sign in to follow this  
nicday

Sunncamp Or Kampa Air Awning

So which one!!!

Been looking around for a new porch (260 isn ) awning.

Love the idea of an air awning and they seem to look very good.

So which one - the Kampa is a little more expensive, but is it worth the extra over the Sunncamp?

What are your experiences

thanks

Nic

There are a few threads on here asking similar questions that I read before deciding. In the end I went for the Kampa because of the great feedback for customer service and I wanted it to be simple but good quality - I can inflate all tubes in one go but with the others each tube is blown up separately and some you have to buy additional tubes for roof and blow them up too :unsure:

I coughed at the price of the Pro but the material looks as though it should last for years so in the long run it should work out cheaper being universal fit too :)

I agree with Muddy, I went for the air pro as its very strong and well made. That does not say that the suncamp is not a good buy for its price, so its down to price and choice really.

• Like 1

thanks for the replays - I agree with what you have said, as I have not seen either of them yet in the flesh so to speak.

I have the air pro 390 attached to my van in the back garden at the moment, believe it or not I am waiting for it to rain!! to weather it in, been up for a week now, very sturdy good strong material, impressed so far.

Phil.

• Like 1

Glad you finally got one Phil B)

As soon as you arrive at site it will pour it down but when you want it to rain. .... :lol:

• Like 1

Thanks Paul, yeh I am sure your right there!!

Phil.

pls keep the awning up so that we can all be assured that it wont rain! Sods law and all that!

• Like 2

Having put up our newly arrived Air Pro 330 at the weekend, the OH and I were blown away by the quality of the materials, workmanship and finish of the Kampa. More money, yes, but at this stage we feel that it was worth every penny.

• Like 1

I was fortunate enough that when I was considering buying an air awning my local dealership had a Kampa 390 air a 390 pro air a Vango and a Suncamp as well as the outdoor revolution Oxygen range in display. I spent a disproportionate amount of time doing comparisons between them all in terms of quality of material, zips, stitching, robustness, our space requirements and how easy it was to put up. In the end there was really nothing comparable with the 390 pro in terms of quality. I would have been 41st in the queue at my local dealership as they had so many on order and having phoned around many dealers and hours on the net, managed to get a 390 pro on back order from Raymond James Caravans. Tommy the awnings chap their is very helpful. I did ask the question whilst on the phone to one dealership about the Vango and Suncamp as I was getting a bit frustrated ( Almost a the 'b*gger it' stage I will get something else) at not being able to source a 390 pro and what his view was. He said they were not in the same league in terms of quality. Mine will be delivered tomorrow as my wife was out last Wednesday when they tried to deliver. The difference between the 390 air and 390 pro air is quite marked too and in my opinion well worth the extra money

• Like 1

So, it looks like 5-0 to kampa!

I think as well as the quality issue, the fact that the Kampa can be inflated from a single point is a winner. I can't understand why the others have not done it this way unless Kampa have some kind of patent on it?

• Like 1

Thanks Lee - I thought long and hard as I couldn't compare them and bought blind after reading posts on here so your post is very reassuring :)

Well - I like the look of the Kampa, we are looking for the 260 isn size. Not spoken to any dealers yet, who has them and what is the best price out there???

They are not local to me and I have no vested interest but out of all the dealers I called (about 20) when I was trying to track one down Tommy at Raymond James was the only one who gave me a straight answer about how many were coming in and roughly when to within a week.

A bit late to this party perhaps but just to add some balance - I've got the SunnCamp 280 Air.

It's perfect for what I need and in comparison to the Kampa, very much lighter and that was one of my main criteria. Couple that with it being just less than half the price (bought at the NEC Oct last year), for me it was a no brainer.

It's been up in some pretty strong winds (bonfire night last year) and it didn't have any problems, the 'poles' flex really well and that protects the materials and seams.

Whatever your choice, you'll find the air awning is just so much easier which means you'll use it more often.

we also have the suncamp ultima 280 air awning and we think its fantastic. my other half puts the awning up on his own, each tube takes about 10 pumps starting with the middle one, he then pegs out the storm guys and finally pegs it out, he finds it quick and easy. we have just had two weeks on the coast in norfolk and it stood up to lots of wind and hurricane bertha no problem, plus it was admired by many people, personally he prefers it to the kampa.