3 Way Fridge

tupper

Guest iancjc

We are just back from France and 20 - 23 shade temperatures and had a large halfords cool box running in the awning all the time with some salad bits and lots of beer and cans in it. Worked well and the beer was cold and the food ok - :)

I was wondering how much better the expensive camping type fridges were and if they were really much better than what I have???

We have always used the CALOR cooler but that only operates on 12v and has a noisey fan.

However, campers in our crowd use. ... http://www. gooutdoors. co. uk/pp/Cooking/Coo. ..frigerator. html

There are versions by Waeco too and I've seen it on sale for £129. 99 recently. http://www. riverswayleisure. com/

These 3 way coolers are quiet, efficient (they will make ice cubes) and roomy at up to 40 litres.

Neil.

We used to use only this when trailer tenting, kept it as a backup for the caravan. If its set on the coldest setting, it will freeze things that are next to the element.

http://www. gooutdoors. co. uk/pp/Cooking/Coo. ..frigerator. html

We carry it empty in the caravan.

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

We have the Trigano 3 way fridge and I would'nt go anywhere in the van without it, there that good. We can get 48 cans of ale in ours and it's much colder than the van fridge :D . In fact, we have to be careful not to let the beer freeze :mellow: .

We tend to start it at home the day before we set off anywhere, then plug it into the 12volt socket on the car on the journey and when we arrive either plug it back into the mains or run it on gas. This way we can carry all our chilled goods nice and safely. ;)

we have had one of these for about 5 years and they're great - use it all the time when abroad, primarily for beer, wine and marinading food (swmbo doesn't want a smelly van fridge). The cool boxes are cheaper but I think these are designed to do the jpb so worth the extra.

Keat

2004 Avondale Argente 550-4L - 2004 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux

I have had an Electrolux 1600 for about 5 years now and have used it with all the different energy supplies 12v in the car, 240 V in the awning, and gas on the beach, it has detachable wheels and a handle you can pull it along with !! I agree that you have to be careful not to freeze the contents as running on either gas or 240 V will easily do this with the settings up to high. Can't recommend them enough and do not go anywhere without ours.

Andrew

Peugeot 307 sw HDi and an Avondale Dart 630/6 but now a tent :-/

Archived