Bathroom Sink.

egcc

Hi all,

Took the van for it's first service, Challenger 2005 all went well apart from the small sink in the bathroom needs replacing due to a couple of fine cracks (light use only)

Fortunately it will be replaced free of charge but unfortunately the dealer indicated this was a common fault.

Thought the life span of a sink would be more than 12 months.

Anybody had the same problem?

Dave.

the dealer indicated this was a common fault.

Dave,

Did read somewhere that certain products such as mouthwash can damage the plastic on bathroom fittings, our Adria handbook recommends nothing but water to clean our bathroom sink - how impractical is that :mellow:

Steve

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome

Dave,

Did read somewhere that certain products such as mouthwash can damage the plastic on bathroom fittings, our Adria handbook recommends nothing but water to clean our bathroom sink - how impractical is that :mellow:

Steve

Hi Steve,

Impratical says it all,have read the same and followed the same :( but still the problem of cracking occurred near the plug area and nearer the top of the sink, even kept the water to a reasonable temperature not sure what else we can do - apart from not use it to prevent the same :blink: i'll be keeping a closer eye on the new one.

Regards

Dave.

Were the sinks leaking???

My 2005 Abbey Aventura is back in the dealers tomorrow under warranty for, amongst other things, the sink leaking underneath.

The underneath is sometimes wet to touch but it is not dripping. . I'm sure if left the drips will follow.

We also have a swift group van - Ace Award. To be returned to dealer soon for new washroom sink to be fitted. There is a crack again near the plug on the present one which I have gunged up. for now. Would seem to be batch fault.