Elddis Huricane Damp

Guest MX51ROD

Guest MX51ROD

Has any body got a year 2000 Elddis Huricane with damp problems

Mine has damp around the o/s front window :(, the dealer is attending to it

but were your problems resolved ?

Is this a problem with all Elddis vans

Mine had something done (can't remember what but it wasn't much) around the o/s front window at its first service due to a higher than expected reading on a damp meter but I've had no trouble since.

I don't know of any Elddis Owners Club members (see link in sig below) with year 2000 vans with damp problems though.

Guest MX51ROD

thanks for reply, did try Elddis O/C site but did not wish to go through membership application to access members forum

Hopefully the dealer (Cranham ) will be able to sort it out, fortunately the 5 yr damp warantee is still valid and the works are at no cost and guaranteed should the problem return in the same area

Guest MX51ROD
MX51ROD,

there's nothing in the members area that would have helped you anyway  :rolleyes:

However, the Club does have a chap who picks up technical queries so if you posted your question in the guestbook it might lead you somewhere.

6374[/snapback]

OK ta will try

• 1 year later...

Has any body got a year 2000 Elddis Huricane with damp problems

Mine has damp around the o/s front window :(, the dealer is attending to it

but were your problems resolved ?

Is this a problem with all Elddis vans

I hve just finished repairing my 1998 Elddis Tornado Vogue because of a damp problem via the offside front window.

From day one, the mastic seal around the offside capping on the aluminium window rail had never been fully effective. This together with a build up of dirt in the corner neatly let several years of dew and probably a little rain(that's all we get in Shoebury - a little rain) running off the roof to enter at that point, run down the offside wooden frame and sit on top of the aluminium sheet underneath the chipboard front window shelf.

The result was a rotten shelf. Fortunately the remaining woodwork was OK when dried out, but I applied Ronseal hardener just in case! The thing is, to replace the shelf you have to take the front fibreglass cowl off the van to access the screws to remove and replace the shelf. The shelf has now been replaced by one of 15mm plywood and is better than the original. Also, the sealing process has been done with a bit more TLC than at the factory in January 1998 when Elddis were trying to meet the deadlines for the orders taken at the Earls Court show in December the previous year!!

I think it would be a good idea to check the sealant disposition in the window rail as a point of entry!