Broadway House Caravan Park Somerset

please can you help we have plans in staying at this site in aug in our touring caravan

but my mum would like to come as well she finds the static vans are to high in price for her are there any B&B close by or any touring vans on site also what is the site like ?

thank you paul

PS WE HAVE A 13 YR OLD DISABLED CHILD

Hi Paul, We stayed at this site a few years ago. It was a very tidy, well run, large site. Usual large site facilities. If you can I would recommend to upgrade to the better pitches. All usual pitch facilities on your pitch but each pitch is individually hedge screened. Making it a private pitch on a very large site. Nice outdoor swimming pool, or at least it was when we went. Not too far from village of Cheddar where you would find more than adequate B&B's. Hope this goes a little way to the info you were after.

Pete

Volvo

thank you pete

is the town in walking distance and how long would it take to walk there ?

as the b&b is for my mum

thank you paul

Hi Paul

Although it is fairly near I think it would be a little too far for your mum to walk. Why not ring the site and ask them for the number and how far away the nearest B&B is. I am sure there will be one nearby it is just finding it before you go. Have you ever thought of an awning with an annexe on with one of those extra high air beds? That is what we do for the Mother in law, she loves it.

Pete

Volvo

• 2 years later...

Thought I'd add to this old thread as I've just returned from this site. My only advice is DON'T GO!!!

Apparantly the site is under new ownership (June '08) and we were very disappointed. Yes there are lots of facilities and the kids seem to enjoy them, but many are payable extras and fully booked anyway. Personally, I wasn't that happy about our 9 & 6 yr. olds going off for long as the park was a bit yobby, something you never get on a C&cc Site. There was loud music and drunks at 9am in the morning and quite a few 'alpha' males strutting around with pit-bull type dogs.

The pitches are very tight inded and after moving twice we found ourselves upgraded to a 'Premium' pitch with mains water and drain. The pitch was so sloped that even with fully extended stabilisers and the jockey wheel at its highest, the van would not level! The width was poor so that you could not get your water roll or wastemaster down between the van/awning and the hedges either side. These hedges only seem to be there to disguise the fact that there is never more than two metres between units/tents. With a family van & awning there is no space left for your car and cars seem to be sqeezed into any gap near the units. There are so many pitches in close proximity that you do well just to get your van positioned without damage - manually! Maintenance seems poor, trees are overgrown, knocking onto the units parked beneath and hedges are scratching the sides of the vans. Toilets and washing up areas were not cleaned adequately while we were there and the staff were uninterested. The swimming pool is good but could probably get extremely busy if the weather is fine.

This park looked impressive but we found the whole experience very poor. It looks like it was let go prior to the new owners but even that aside, the atmosphere was not friendly. It's not cheap & needless to say we left early.

thank you for letting me know fayerfield

funny has it happens we stayed in burnham on sea in june went to chedar we past th epark and whent in for a nose we where there for 15 min, NO STAFF TO BE SEEN I WAS`NT KEEN ON WHAT I SAW

BYE PAUL