Sign in to follow this  
Ice Hockey Goalie

Air Awning Material.

I am looking to get an air awning, but I wondered about what material they are?

We currently have a Suncamp Ultima plus 390 Acrylic, chosen specifically because it was acrylic and not the usual nylon type thin tent stuff.

What are air awnings made of? Is it actual acrylic like full size awning material, or thin tent type nylon?

Thanx muchly.
:-)

They vary, but all are strongly made. The kampa pro range is, imo much better and should last longer than most. In a nutshell they are between the two types that you mention.

Thank you :-)

Not sure if this will help but took a photo of my Pro material and it looks and feels very strong - reminds me of Gore-Tex :)

post-49019-0-15586600-1401702197_thumb.jpg

Not sure if this will help but took a photo of my Pro material and it looks and feels very strong - reminds me of Gore-Tex :)

attachicon.gif2014-05-31 09. 59. 17. jpg

Got any more pictures Muddywheels? :)

I have some off my phone but plan to take some better ones next time with camera :)

post-49019-0-94625800-1401721883_thumb.jpg

post-49019-0-52577000-1401722003_thumb.jpg

post-49019-0-18185700-1401721936_thumb.jpg

While I have your attention Kampa Max can you tell me what these loops are for on the botttom :unsure:

post-49019-0-41688000-1401722067_thumb.jpg

Got any more pictures Muddywheels? :)

More to the point have you got any more awnings???

Edited by Jslocks

More to the point have you got any more awnings???

Hear Hear, STILL waiting for mine ordered beginning of February!!!

Phil.

While I have your attention Kampa Max can you tell me what these loops are for on the botttom :unsure:

attachicon.gif2014-05-31 10. 02. 24. jpg

To peg the awning down on the corners. Better to use these rather than the metal rings.

I have some off my phone but plan to take some better ones next time with camera :)

attachicon.gif2014-05-31 09. 59. 05. jpg

attachicon.gif2014-05-31 09. 59. 40. jpg

attachicon.gif2014-05-31 09. 58. 49. jpg

Really nice job of setting the awning up, thanks for sharing the photos.

A couple of comments;

1) The front two corners could do with being pegged further out.

2) The exterior guy straps are better pegged out at an angle rather than forward.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some more photos in the future.

Kind Regards,

Kampa Max

Thanks kampa max :)

I normally peg corners at angle on my old awning and I have storm straps too but was only checking fit so didn't bother using them.

Not sure what you mean by further out as they have loops for pegs and this governs distance?

Edited by Muddywheels

Just as a matter of interest as Kampa seems to be the most popular we had a look at on at the dealers and then saw one on site at Southport.

Both seem really nice but notice Venga have a couple of models and Sunncamp (which won Practical Caravan award).

The Vengas and the Sunncamp have replaceable inflation tubes in case of damage as well.

Has anyone any experience of either as the Sunncamp retails at a lot lower prices and as we tend to use only in the more clement months might be a better buy.

I have the Kampa 390 air pro, used it for the first time last week, brilliant, can anyone tell me how to get all the air out when taking down. I note the pump has a deflate side but this is not going to work with the one way inflation valve. I've got it rolled up but it's way to bulky to fit back into the bag, this is the only draw back I have experienced.

I tried the deflate side and doesn't work on one way valve but I opened the valves on tubes outside awning while folding and got air out that way :)

I tried the deflate side and doesn't work on one way valve but I opened the valves on tubes outside awning while folding and got air out that way :)

I did the same, must remember to close them all before putting up next time! I took photos on my camera at each stage as we unfolded it out of the bag, otherwise I don't think we would have got it back in. Tied it up with the grey tape it came with around the awning, helps to hold it all into shape whilst getting it into the bag. Found the pumping quite hard though, good exercise or something! Looked at an electric pump, price is around £80 & weighs 3kg so will see how we go for now.

I have the Kampa 390 air pro, used it for the first time last week, brilliant, can anyone tell me how to get all the air out when taking down. I note the pump has a deflate side but this is not going to work with the one way inflation valve. I've got it rolled up but it's way to bulky to fit back into the bag, this is the only draw back I have experienced.

If you download the instructions (or PM me your email address and I'll send them) there is a section on how to fold it correctly to both get the air out and make it fit in the bag, they do work!

The dual action hand pump that comes with the awning can also be used for deflating.

As the inflation point is a one way valve, you cannot deflate from this point, however you can deflate from any of the deflation points by using one of the smaller nozzles that comes with the pump.

I tried that Kampa Max but I think the tube sealed itself and there was still air in the others so I had to suck some out then try and push the air round to the flat tube then suck again and so on but got there in the end and went back in the bag easy enough B)

attachicon.gif2014-05-31 09. 59. 17. jpg

That looks exactly like the stuff I want, thanx for that mate.

:-)

Anyone got a close up picture of the SunnCamp material? The Ultima/pro version?

Thanx.

Muddywheels, I notice you have your front mud flaps on the out side yet the side ones on the inside.

Any particular reasoning for that??

I used my 260 for the first time lady week and am now wondering if I did it wrong.

Also, which carpet do you use??

Hi K&G

I bought the Kampa Easy Tread groundsheet for mine.

The mudflaps were done as they appear to naturally meant to be if that makes sense - doors/windows fall outwards and sides are sewn under tubes.

You can't tuck the door one in or you can't get in or out!

You can't tuck the door one in or you can't get in or out!

How come??

I've never had a problem.

I will try tucking them all in next time but thought the zips and way they are sewn made this difficult? Will report back next time I use it :unsure: