Hi All.& pleased to meet you

My full name is Ged Donohoe, and I am a static van owner on a West Sussex site.

Can anyone tell me of any regulation that denotes, what height a timber veranda steel base framework can be if,' CHOCKING' up with timber, or block work is needed to meet floor level of the caravan, and would it be a safety issue

If any of you lovely people have an answer, it would be great

Many thanks

Ged

Hi Ged and welcome to the forum. As far as I'm aware the site will be the one to ask regarding the planning of decking etc. Some will allow you to build your own and others will make you use their preferred supplier or own staff to build.

What does your site rules say regarding decking / verandas? Some will state if you can use wood or PVC or metal. There will also be issues if you are subletting your van out too. Check your insurance policy on what they require. Also bear in mind that there needs to be a minimum gap between vans and putting decking in that gap can leave you open to a fire risk.

Hope this helps

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink: