Hi peeps, I've just purchased my first caravan and am just trying to get everything working. When I got to the water I've just filled a big bucket up and put the pump in it. As it's my first caravan and no one to ask I'm hoping one of you can assist me in getting it fixed.

When I turn the tap on the pump starts which I'm thinking is good :-) ! however if I leave it running a little and go outside there is lots of water coming out from the vent bit. There is a little drain plug which I've fitted a new O ring but it actually seems to be coming from above this. Inside the van there are no signs of water and water does eventually come out of the tap.

However, this doesn't feel warm at all. :-(

Can anyone give me some pointers please? I'm quite handy with things so hopefully it's an easy fix.

O. . I've added some photos below;

Also, I've no idea what the two bottom switches do on the control panel. I'm assuming one if for the water heater and the other for the heater element. . however the heater element isn't working either?... I have no gas connected at the moment.

The van is an old elddis 1999 if that helps. The control for the fan on the blown heater does work but the temperature slider doesnt seem to be making contact with anything. .

I just feel a bit lost at the moment.

Thanks

Steve

post-67666-0-26266500-1400782826_thumb.jpg

post-67666-0-62823500-1400782839_thumb.jpg

post-67666-0-54316700-1400782847_thumb.jpg

post-67666-0-87886400-1400782855_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lefthand Down

You need to contact Gary

http://www. arcsystems. biz/

Click the tabs on your topic.

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. Internet connected via 3 dongle Windows 7. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine.

LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,.Reich Move Control. Safefill Fitted. ,CT. Ninja (Hon) Flies the flag. Tyron Bands

Not Much Money but we do see life. Motto . Carpe Diem .

Hi peeps, I've just purchased my first caravan and am just trying to get everything working. When I got to the water I've just filled a big bucket up and put the pump in it. As it's my first caravan and no one to ask I'm hoping one of you can assist me in getting it fixed.

When I turn the tap on the pump starts which I'm thinking is good :-) ! however if I leave it running a little and go outside there is lots of water coming out from the vent bit. There is a little drain plug which I've fitted a new O ring but it actually seems to be coming from above this. Inside the van there are no signs of water and water does eventually come out of the tap.

However, this doesn't feel warm at all. :-(

Can anyone give me some pointers please? I'm quite handy with things so hopefully it's an easy fix

Dead easy :)

The 'vent bit' is the drain-down valve. Push it in and turn it clockwise and it's sorted.

Tony

Oh, and if those switches are water heater, don't switch them on until the water tank is full.

The mid switch marked Carver is the gas heater for the water. You need the tank full first and gas switched on and a battery or charger on. Press ON and gas will fire and, I think, light will go green for successful ignition. To begin with, it will fail to ignite till the gas pushes the air out. When it fails the red light goes on. Leave it 3 mins and re-start again, till the air is purged.

One of the bottom switches is likely to be the mains 240V heater to the water but which one?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

the air valve at the top of the tank is used to allow air in when draining the water tank. as said above it takes a quarter turn to open or close which may solve your problem if it still leaks it may be split and need replacing, Spare parts can be purchased at tuckers caravans.

the two bottom switches are the main 230V supplys for you water heater and space heater take out the fuses the water heater should be 5amp and the space heater should be 10amp (could also be 13 amp) and also as said DO NOT turn on water heater main supply with no water in the system as it will cook the element.

Colin Kirk chief executive of kirk caravan service :welcome:

www.kirkcaravanservice.co.uk Call: (07719 287 943)

www.facebook.com/kirkcaravanservice :D

Hi Peeps. .. wow, didn't expect so many in depth responses. . :-)

I've just nipped out and twisted the top value 1/4 of a turn and it popped back in. .. Filled my mop bucket back up and it seems to be holding water now :D . I ran the hot tap for a bit to make sure I all the air was out then I turned on what I think is the water heater so I'll check back in 20 mins to see if I've got warm water.

Many thanks for all the help. I just need to sort out my hot air blower now and I'll be a very happy bunny.

I'll make a post about that it the right section.

Steve

I have hot water :-) I had my switches mixed up, so after pulling the fuses and seeing which one was 5 and 10 amp (thanks kirkcaravanservices). I've also attached my gas bottle and pressed the on button and it also stayed green so another good result. .. So water is good, just need to sort out some waste pipes now. .....

Thanks again for all your help.

Steve

When filling the system start with the HOT tap furthest from the pump. Run this till it is OK. Open the cold next and then move to each of the other taps you have. This should ensure no air locks.

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. Internet connected via 3 dongle Windows 7. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine.

LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,.Reich Move Control. Safefill Fitted. ,CT. Ninja (Hon) Flies the flag. Tyron Bands

When filling the system start with the HOT tap furthest from the pump. Run this till it is OK. Open the cold next and then move to each of the other taps you have. This should ensure no air locks.

That's what I've always done. Until we bought the Peg and noted that Bailey's advice was the opposite.

Odd.

Tony

ok, last couple of questions on this. . These might sound a little dumb but it's my first caravan so please bare with me :-)

How hot should it get? When I tried it yesterday it was dam hot and lots of steam also came off, is this normal?

When should I actually have the hot water element on? Do you just click it on in the morning or leave it on all the time when on hook up?

Thanks,

Steve

Electric water heaters work to 70 degrees.

I think it is 350 watts.

water should get to a pre-set 70 degrees so yes it is hot lol. and it should be safe to leave on all the time but it takes about an hour to completely heat up so the choice is yours.

Thanks :-) I'll see how it goes. I towed it today to it's new storage site as I'm off on Hol's on Tuesday. Then I'm planning a little weekend break somewhere not that far away just to see how it goes.

I might need that LED slider panel off you yet, since I'm getting double LED's light up. Just out of interest how much is it? I'm assuming it's an easy replacement. Another I need it the little clip that holds one side of the fire cover in, the bullet side that secures on the housing that the front clips into.

thanks,

Steve

take the fire front off and on the underside of the slider panel there is 2 screws, undo these and the panel and housing will come free from the fire front.

there are 6 little spring washer things that hold the PCB in place, carefully get a small screwdriver and prize these off then the PCB should just lift off.

once done you will see how it works there are two metal sliders and then 2 copper tracks upon which these run up and down it may be worth giving these a very gentle but slightly abrasive rub with 2000 sandpaper to clean the contacts. it may kick it back into life, if not the one I have will cost you £60. 00

as for the clip on the fire I cant help you sorry.