Sign in to follow this  
Supersirocco2014

Review: Crusader Super Sirocco

Space in the kitchen area, colours are light and bright, front elevation with blind a new feature for 2014. The bed is very comfy and higher than other models. Good layout and functional for a family.

Click here to view the caravan review

Sorry to hear about the awning pole dents in the side of your van. Someone reported what sounds like the same problem with a 'solid' Crusader on the Elddis section of the forum a few months ago. They also posted some photos. I seem to recall that initially they were said to be at fault for over tightening the roof poles although they were experienced caravanners. I cannot remember how it was resolved - sorry!

Sorry to hear about the awning pole dents in the side of your van. Someone reported what sounds like the same problem with a 'solid' Crusader on the Elddis section of the forum a few months ago. They also posted some photos. I seem to recall that initially they were said to be at fault for over tightening the roof poles although they were experienced caravanners. I cannot remember how it was resolved - sorry!

Hi barlyn

It was me with the same problem and yes it's still going on two separate reports done and Elddis still not doing a thing.

Well maybe now with another person with the same problem Elddis might do more?

Thanks

Mark

Hi

I wouldn't count on Elddis doing anything to help you at all!

We picked up a brand new 2014 Supersirocco on 30th May. Within 4 days I'd found over 20 separate faults including the bathroom floor flooding within 36 hrs due to a joint behind the shower control unit giving out, the headboard falling off, the bathroom door opening without use of the door handle, the self adhesive LED light strip around the central skylight coming adrift and the nearside locator/securing bolts holding the front bulkhead to the floor having never been done up thus compromising the bulkhead/floor joint.

Blackhorse sent an independent engineer to look at it & he found the offside locator bolts had been done up so tightly they had cut through the aluminium fire guard in the front locked & the bulkhead material, the wheel arches were coming away from the side of the van, & the vehicle had 2 different serial numbers! (see blog titled Caravan Quality for the complete story)

I asked for a replacement or my money back. Both dealer & Elddis declined saying they wanted to repair it. These people don't seem to be able to get it throught their thick skulls that when you pay £23,000 plus for a new caravan you neither want nor expect it to require extensive repair.

Good luck.

bj3

I have new crusader supercyclon 2 months old tv twig u s elddis/ retailer tells my to buy £300 TV not to use suppermarket tv then it will work

Sign in to follow this