Cd/radio Fitting

TommyG

Hello swift owners

Got my new van sterling europa 470 06

was thinking of fitting cd/radio. ..got it as a present.

Is it easy to wire up.

any help appreciated.

TommyG

Edited by TommyG

Hi Tommy,

We have a Europa 460. I fitted a radio/cassette in the top locker which houses the Status aerial preamp.

I used the 12v cable for the preamp to pull through a heavier pair of wires which are connected to the 12v supply at one end and a connector block at the locker end. I have used inline fuses for the Status and radio.

I also fitted a wired FM Modulator so that a DVD player can be run through the radio tuner for CD,MP3 and DVD.

The VHF out on the Status is used for the radio. A Vision Plus 530/14 is used on a 4metre pole for UHF.

Our van does not have front top lockers and the shelf is ideal for mounting 3way speaker pods. The wiring for the speakers is run through plastic conduits.

Best,

Frank

hello Frank

Thank you for your reply. ...

it has gave me an insight to roughly what is involved.

I wont be tackling the job myself but will try to nab my Son when he has a few hours to spare.

I had noticed in the overhead locker a wee triangular cut out held by one wee screw.

when I opened it there was wiring for the spot lights and a spare yellow and white wire with

spade connector

I wonderered if it was there to aid connection for a cd radio (I would have expected to see 2 connectors)

I do not know anything aout it as you can gather by my post.

One of my sons is a carpenter so fitting the speakers and stereo is not a problem

the other one is a electronic engineer but he works long hours and we only see him for a couple of hours a

week.

( he doesnt know it yet but he has a cd to fit . ..lol )

I thought getting a few tips would save him time.

Thanks again

happy caravanning

TommyG

ps

I dont think many people out there has swift vans . .. ;) lol

Edited by TommyG

Tommy,

Try search mode. I have just typed in radio for search in all forums and it produced 7 pages with some 4-5 usefull pages on how to install radios.

Tommy,

Try search mode. I have just typed in radio for search in all forums and it produced 7 pages with some 4-5 usefull pages on how to install radios.

Hello Oldtimer

Thankyou very much for that info

TommyG

Hello Frank and Oldtimer

Just to say thanks again . ..

got cd/radio fitted. .... looks good

sounds good and I am delighted. :D

Happy Caravanning to you both

Tommy G