Towing Mirrors

denlancs

Earlier this month we bought a peugeot 407sw. This car has wing mirrors that fold inwards when the doors are locked. Unfortunately this means that if we fitted towing mirrors to them they would hit the bodywork when folding inwards!Anyone have a solution to this?

Guest iancjc

our last car a citroen c8 did this when locked. The standard milenco mirrors were ok - they didn't touch the window when folded as they sit behind the mirror.

I take it this isn't the case with the peugeot - I guess the solution when towing is to pull the fuse that controls the mirrors when you park (or remove the towing mirrors - bloody hassle though).

sorry i can't be more helpful.

I use the suction type towing mirrors and when I fold in the wing mirrors they do not hit the window or body work. I suppose however it depends on how far in the mirrors move. The mirrors are the most stable set of mirrors I have had in 20 years of caravanning, no wind or car vibration. I use one plain and one convex mirror, but that is just a metter of choice.

Hope this helps.

Earlier this month we bought a peugeot 407sw. This car has wing mirrors that fold inwards when the doors are locked. Unfortunately this means that if we fitted towing mirrors to them they would hit the bodywork when folding inwards!Anyone have a solution to this?
In a word. .. Repusel

I have a pair of mirrors purchased from this company many years ago. They've stood the test of time, the customer service is amongst the best, and the mirrors are designed to allow for fitment to self parking door mirrors, and the "normal" mirror glass can still be used with the extension mirrors in place. The only down side is the price - but then you only get what you pay for in this life. I would recommend Repusel without reservation.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Handbook says to refer to dealer. A poor design if this is what you have to do each time we go on holiday. I would have thought a switch for owners use would have been better?Thanks for suggestion though:-)

Handbook says to refer to dealer. A poor design if this is what you have to do each time we go on holiday. I would have thought a switch for owners use would have been better?Thanks for suggestion though:-)

We have the same problem though the local dealer told us they can isolate the feature, I don't know the cost though,

Ian.

Can't check at the moment, swmbo has car, but I think it says the same about dealer for C5

But then goes on to tell you how to DIY

Can you not switch them off, as on C5

I would love to know how you isolate them on the C5, 'cos I'm convinced that there is a way on the Peugeot, though they're letting on.

Both are PSA Group cars that use the same fittings and fixtures ie switchgear/door mirrors/engines/gearboxes/chassis etc.

If anybody can give the info I will be grateful

Thanks,

Ian.