Sign in to follow this  
Julam

Kipor Generator

Hi

I am having problems both with my Kipor Generator and trying to get it serviced! The machine will not start. I have checked Plug, Fuel and Oil. Does anyone know anyone who will repair/service a Kipor as near as possible to Conwy.

Fortunately I service my own Kipor but soon after I bought mine Honda successfully brought legal action against Kipor and banned the sale of them as they believed that it was a replica of their suitcase generator.

This being the case has now lead to a lack of spares in the UK.

However,I would have thought that a proficient lawn mower service agent could sort yours out though.

If it is your first time starting this after the winter break, then they do tend to take a good while to start as the carb will be dry. The other thing to check for is oil, if it hasn't got enough in it, it won't start. Safety feature I been told, hope you get sorted soon.

Take out the spark plug and hot the point gap up over a flame and refit quickly. Give it a pull.

Don't do this near the fuel of course!

I have to do this each first use with my petrol mower.

Hi

I am having problems both with my Kipor Generator and trying to get it serviced! The machine will not start. I have checked Plug, Fuel and Oil. Does anyone know anyone who will repair/service a Kipor as near as possible to Conwy.

Hi,

There's a bloke who lives opposite Belvidere playing field ( Liscard ) drives a van with Generator repairs etc on it.

david

Old fuel will produce this. Make sure it is new petrol.

• Like 1

Richard at Kipor UK http://www. kiporuk. co. uk/ is often in North Wales visiting his in-laws and will try to fit you in with his visits.

he's also very helpful and will talk you through problems and their fixes. Give him a call.

Edited by Superpete

When you have the spark plug out (preposterous above), lay it on the metal fins and pull the starter cord, if the electrics are good you will see a small spark across the plug electrodes. If no spark you may have an electrical issue, if it does spark more likely to be fuel prob.

Hi

Every spring i replace the sparkplug and the fuel then dont have any problems.

I've heard there's a spray you can add to the air intake that's supposed to help with gensets. Easy Start or something like that. Never used it so can't recommend it but might be an option for you.

My genset wouldn't start the other day, it was initially firing but then immediately dies. Did exactly what JohnEarny says above and noted that the spark struck three or four times then stopped. Turns out there's a sensor in the engine oil reservoir that switches off the ignition circuit if engine oil is low. Filled with oil. Now works :)

I've heard there's a spray you can add to the air intake that's supposed to help with gensets. Easy Start or something like that. Never used it so can't recommend it but might be an option for you.

My genset wouldn't start the other day, it was initially firing but then immediately dies. Did exactly what JohnEarny says above and noted that the spark struck three or four times then stopped. Turns out there's a sensor in the engine oil reservoir that switches off the ignition circuit if engine oil is low. Filled with oil. Now works :)

It is really bad to use Easy-start, it will eventually ruin your engine. It can pre-ignite on compression and cause valve problems. Also never EVER use it on any modern diesel as it can ignite from the glow-plugs and cause pre-ignition strong enough to blow a head apparently.

Better to fix the source of the problem or use it on very low-value items only IMHO. ..

• Like 1

It is really bad to use Easy-start, it will eventually ruin your engine. It can pre-ignite on compression and cause valve problems. Also never EVER use it on any modern diesel as it can ignite from the glow-plugs and cause pre-ignition strong enough to blow a head apparently.

Better to fix the source of the problem or use it on very low-value items only IMHO. ..

Folk with model diesel engines buy the stuff, mix it with oil&paraffin to make fuel for their engines--------------

Turns out there's a sensor in the engine oil reservoir that switches off the ignition circuit if engine oil is low. Filled with oil. Now works :)

I had an oil level problem once and found it stopped the engine if I turned the whole thing round 180 degrees on the base.

The slope of the ground was enough for the sensor to detect a lower oil level. Turned it back and it ran ok. Only needed a small top up to sort it.

My IG2000 starts and runs fine till the load increaces,  then it cuts out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Peter

11 minutes ago, Flyin Pete said:

My IG2000 starts and runs fine till the load increaces,  then it cuts out.

Anyone have any ideas?

Peter

Clean the carb out, the emulsion tube gets gummed up on them. Check the fuel filter also if fitted.

9 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Clean the carb out, the emulsion tube gets gummed up on them. Check the fuel filter also if fitted.

If the emulsion tube gets gummed up, use Redex Injector Cleaner in the fuel to keep it clean once it's all clean.

5 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

If the emulsion tube gets gummed up, use Redex Injector Cleaner in the fuel to keep it clean once it's all clean.

Its only a 5 minute job to drop the carb off, drop the float chamber and then it can be cleaned properly. I would be soaking it with throttle body cleaner / carb cleaner, if you really want to do a thorough job soak it in an ultrasonic cleaning tank.
I had a similar issue with 2 camping mate generators (another Honda copy), the above treatment worked 100%