Sign in to follow this  
dadof2

Look For C L / C S

Looking for a CL/CS for summer holidays in the north of England.

Near to a park where kids can ride their bikes, play park,Swimming pool, near to railway station.

Some where near we can use Tesco voucher for days out.

been to Todmordon cricket club and like it. Is there any more CL like it ?

Looking for a low cost summer holiday.

There is a link kicking about on this very forum with a list of all CL and CS Sites, Map Location and facilities. I had it on my last laptop but never transferred onto my new one. ... I'm sure someone will pop it on. .. Great help. .. Maybe try Google Boxing it . .. What about this one below plus I'm sure the CC and C&CC Web Sites have information. ............

Browse Caravan Sites - 5van. co. uk
www. 5van. co. uk/caravan-sites/‎

GAS . ..... :angry:

I know I can and I do search through web sites and books.

Looking more for any recommend sites for kids,lots of CL sites look good but are adult only.

As your requirements are somewhat focused on the children I would recommend including the C&CCs THSs into your options.

This almost without exception means no EHU but even without a solar cell, if you ban the "box" and remain mindful of wasting power, you ought to get a week from a decent fully charged battery. There might well be recharging facilities available.

Or look into Rallies in area? Some of those may have EHU if extended rallies. Quite a few summer holiday rallies go on via CC and I am sure the C&CC have similar plus THS as mentioned above

Don't dismiss smaller commercial sites as well as these can work out same value

I know I can and I do search through web sites and books.

Looking more for any recommend sites for kids,lots of CL sites look good but are adult only.

Maybe be a bit more specific in your Post the next time rather than having fellow members waste there time trying to Help !!

GAS . ... :angry:

I thought the original post was quite specific. You obviously chose your username carefully. ....

If you look on the C&CC website, amongst the options on the left is "family friendly".

Bear in mind, however, that some of the 5-van sites are too small for a child to ride their bike without being too close to caravans or do you mean in an area where there is plenty of cycling.

Might be better contacting the relevant tourist information centres for a bit of guidance on which general location ticks the boxes, and then start your search based on that information.

I'd also second the advice on the C&CC Temporary Holiday Sites if you're looking for cheap.

If you can spare an additional fiver, join the British Caravanners Club (BCC) section of the C&CC. Their rally/THS book is quite thick and worth the extra £5 if you only take advantage of just one THS or five-day meet.

No it was not ! Recommendation being the missing word Mr Soady. .. Thinking about it 2 kids, bikes and a dog looking for adventure on a peaceful 5 Van CL/CS shall keep my recommendations to myself . ....... :P My Grumpy point being sometimes a wee friendly acknowledgement is sometimes appreciated . ........

GAS . ...... :angry:

Edited by Grumpy Auld Smeesh

There is a link kicking about on this very forum with a list of all CL and CS Sites, Map Location and facilities. I had it on my last laptop but never transferred onto my new one. ... I'm sure someone will pop it on. .. Great help. .. Maybe try Google Boxing it . .. What about this one below plus I'm sure the CC and C&CC Web Sites have information. ............

Browse Caravan Sites - 5van. co. uk
www. 5van. co. uk/caravan-sites/‎

GAS . ..... :angry:

Sadly 5vanmap. com closed down last year. Its a great shame. .

http://www. 5vanmap. com

Edited by LeadFarmer

Thanks to the people that tried to help. I didn't want to start an argument. We did not mention a dog. We were quite simply asking for personal recommendations from the lovely caravanners that frequent this forum. Thought that someone somewhere would have a site that they would love to recommend.