Nuvi 350

BUSHELL

Just bought a nuvi 350 downloaded WebUpDater program from Garmin web site connected unit up to computer but the program didnot find the unit and came up with a message saying you may have to change the interface settings - I cant find anything that lets you do this -I have emailed Garmin twice but had no responce. Have any of you had the same problem and if so how did you overcome it

Do you have to use WebUpDater?? I normally just check what is new and do a straight download - but that is to my old StreetPilot3.

Just as a query - can you download multi pre-planned routes with multi waypoints or vias from your PC??

Do you have to use WebUpDater?? I normally just check what is new and do a straight download - but that is to my old StreetPilot3.

Just as a query - can you download multi pre-planned routes with multi waypoints or vias from your PC??

I dont know whether you have to use WebUpDater but that what the Garmin website advises to ensure you always have the lated updates installed. As I understand it all you are supposed to do is to connect up and the WebUpDater program then looks to see what you have installed then works out whether there are any updates availabe and if there are it should install then automatically. Have you found any problems downloading updates direct from the Garmin web site?

I dont know whether you can download multi pre-planned routes ron the computer - havent got that far yet

Never had a problem downloading updates from Garmin.

For the Mapsource program it is a straight forward process to the PC.

For the GPS unit (in my case the SP3) you download to the PC then connect the PC to the GPS unit and run the 'updater' that comes with the download.

I dont know whether you have to use WebUpDater but that what the Garmin website advises to ensure you always have the lated updates installed. As I understand it all you are supposed to do is to connect up and the WebUpDater program then looks to see what you have installed then works out whether there are any updates availabe and if there are it should install then automatically. Have you found any problems downloading updates direct from the Garmin web site?

I dont know whether you can download multi pre-planned routes ron the computer - havent got that far yet

Hi Bushell,

I think I read some where on the Garmin web site that the webupdater does not work with the Nuvi range. I have a Nuvi 350 and tried unsuccesfully to use it. I just look every couple of months to see if there is an update.

I don't think you can upload pre planned routes to the Nuvi. I do have some csv files though which contain CC sites and CLs also a National Trust sites list. These can be uploaded via the POI loader available from Garmin.

Lloyd

Hi Bushell,

I think I read some where on the Garmin web site that the webupdater does not work with the Nuvi range. I have a Nuvi 350 and tried unsuccesfully to use it. I just look every couple of months to see if there is an update.

I don't think you can upload pre planned routes to the Nuvi. I do have some csv files though which contain CC sites and CLs also a National Trust sites list. These can be uploaded via the POI loader available from Garmin.

Lloyd

Thanks Lioyd - where can you get hold of the csv files which contain cc and cl sites

PM = Personal Message.

Click on the persons name on the left above his/her avatar and this takes you to another page where on the right you can click on 'send personal message'

Good luck

Or simply click on the "PM" button on the bottom left side of any post and its sets it all up for you.

Brian