den123

Best Caravan Hoover

hi guys whats the best caravan hoover for caravan

Budget?

Our current one is a wet and dry rechargable from Lidil

Silverline £14, if you look carefully some have a lithium

battery.

I keep one of these permanently in the caravan:-
http://www. amazon. co. uk/Black-Decker-VH780-Vacuum-230/dp/B0002V9E90/ref=sr_1_16?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1398164570&sr=1-16&keywords=dustbusters

It's a mains model but very powerful and also comparatively light-weight.

Dustpan and brush. Doesn't need any power

Poolebob

Got fed up with poorly performing cheap suction alone cleaners, now manage to squeeze our Dyson DC24 into the car and keep it up a corner of the awning.

soft broom and dust pan and brush - kinder to the environment :)

We do however choose to have vinyl flooring rather than carpet however

He asked which HOOVER to buy guys. Do they do much of a range now, as so many of you are suggesting alternatives?

He asked which HOOVER to buy guys. Do they do much of a range now, as so many of you are suggesting alternatives?

Generic Trade Marks ! There are lots of 'em. Protected and Unprotected ! I love Wiki ! ;)

Edited by Shirl250

I got a Black and Decker DustBuster a few weeks ago. Really good suction.

That looks good.

Tbh, I just leave my hoovering until I get home, but then I am never away for longer than 3 days at a time!

I found the higher the volts the more powerful the rechargable.

Dyson handheld.

Dyson rechargeable with power head, brilliant for doing the awning carpet as well. Only downside is their expensive.

Must admit we don't have one - I use dustpan and brush when on site and get the house one in there when we manage to get the van home. If we can't get the van home, then we remove the carpets and take these home for a deep clean instead. Just think it's an extra bit of kit to carry (more weight) and where would I keep it?

Edited by Glen and Les

http://www. argos. co. uk/static/Product/partNumber/4067850. htm#pdpFullProductInformation

as long as you have mains these are great value. has as much suck as our house dyson, just watch out for the bagless version. they clogg up to easily for a massive loss in performance.

Just wondering whether I should Mod the thread title to 'Best Caravan Vacuum Cleaner'? :rolleyes:

Just wondering whether I should Mod the thread title to 'Best Caravan Vacuum Cleaner'? :rolleyes:

No, best SUCTION cleaner would be better, :)

To many people Hoover has become synonymous‎ with vacuum cleaner. My late wife always referred to "doing the hoovering" in spite of only having had a Dyson in the house for a long time.

'Doing the Dysoning' doesn't sound right and in our case 'Doing the Mieleing' is downright clumsy.

It is odd that the name has remained synonymous whilst Hoover's share of the market must've plummeted over several recent decades due to an invasion by much more capable vacuums. They haven't had a Which? Best Buy for absolutely ages.

The current top cylinder Best Buy is a Bosch with an 82% rating and the top upright model is Miele with 76%. The first Hoover comes in at position 38 with a score of 73%. Hoover even features 4 models among the 19 that Which? selects as 'Don't Buys', scoring as low as 30%.

Got to be the dc59 animal, cordless, powered brush head is great for dog hair and sand, works well on the awning carpet as well, and comes apart so it will fit under a bench seat - have wired in the charger bracket under the seat so it tucks away nicely.

post-55551-0-87923500-1398200151_thumb.jpg